Web Developer, Digital Media
How you will contribute as part of the TRCA team:
As a key member of the Information, Technology and Records Management (ITRM) business unit at TRCA, the Web Developer is responsible for maintaining and enhancing TRCA’s web-based services including the development and management of TRCA’s ecommerce applications, Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Digital Asset Management, Open Data and a wide variety of websites running content management systems such as Wordpress.
With a partial focus on managing ecommerce inventory and system access as well as developing integrations with public facing and back office software systems, this position also provides general support to the TRCA's web infrastructure and database services. Overall, this position plays an integral role in ensuring the completion of more than 30,000 bookings and orders, millions of dollars in online revenue and the delivery of digital content to more than four million visitors annually.
- Create themes, plugins, modules and generally extend open-source projects such as Wordpress, Drupal, SuiteCRM/SugarCRM, CKAN and ResourceSpace.
- Review inventory requests, adding, updating and configuring ecommerce inventory to meet various business requirements.
- Create inventory rules, events and relationships to achieve the booking requirements for diverse types of bookable inventory and product offerings.
- Work with internal clients and stakeholders to collect requirements, review issues and challenges and create solutions in the form of functional software components.
- Configure Linux-based web servers including Nginx and Apache and manage components and dependencies.
- Manage and support databases including MySQL, MariaDB, Mongo and Redis.
- Design and implement web server architecture to improve performance and security in physical, containerized and app service environments.
- Leverage web services including REST and SOAP based application programming interfaces (API’s) to pass data between software applications, trigger workflows and integrate various business software applications.
- Work with internal staff to explain requirements and directives as they relate to individual business requirements.
- Produce documentation and standard operating procedures to ensure staff understand systems and the rationale behind programmatic decisions.
- Create workflows and triggers to help automate tasks.
- Create proof of concept applications, experiment with emerging technology and develop strategies to ensure that the most effective software approach is in place.
What you will need to succeed:
- Diploma in Web Development or equivalent work experience;
- 1 – 2 years of database-driven Web development experience;
- Specific experience developing PHP-based software applications;
- Expert in LAMP / LEMP based programming;
- Expert in MySQL;
- Strong ability with HTML, and CSS;
- Familiarity with Git and other version control systems.
What TRCA has to offer you:
As part of a progressive team you will have the opportunity to make a positive impact to preserving and protecting nature, while maintaining a balance between the natural environment and built environment. Working with experts within our field, you will join a team of colleagues that are committed to TRCA’s core values of integrity, collaboration, accountability, respect, and excellence (icare).
You will be part of a diverse and inclusive organization that:
- Makes a positive difference in the communities we serve.
- Fosters high performance and collaborative teams.
- Provides continuous learning and development opportunities.
- Offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits program (including Defined Benefit Pension Plan – OMERS/OTPP).
- Provides unique TRCA Perks.
- Provides flexible work arrangements.
- Offers potential for career growth and advancement.
- Type de paie Salaire
- Indicateur d'emploi Permanent Full-Time
- Taux min. à l'embauche 70 991,00 $
- Taux max. à l'embauche 76 966,00 $
- Déplacement requis Non
- Études requises Diploma
- Head Office, 101 Exchange Avenue, Concord, Ontario, Canada