Visitor Experience Ambassador, Bathurst Glen GC
How you will contribute as part of the TRCA team:
The Visitor Experience Ambassador is responsible for delivering exceptional customer service to all guests of TRCA sites and facilities, by greeting guests, answering general inquiries both in person and by phone, providing site or facility directions and program information. The Visitor Experience Ambassador is also responsible for site admissions and transactions, gift shop sales assistance and transactions using point of sale systems.
Perform the following tasks under general supervision:
- Greet and engage with visitors to TRCA sites and facilities.
- Provide visitors with site and facility directions and program information both in person and by phone.
- Maintain a current knowledge of site and facility programs and programs at other facilities as required to ensure effective visitor experience when addressing inquiries.
- Process admissions, gift shop sales, snack bar (dependent on location) payments and transactions using point of sale systems. Including counting floats and summation of daily sales.
- Assist with coordinator and booking of events.
- Conduct periodic product counts/inventory as directed.
- Maintain cleanliness and order of workspace at all times, ensuring all displays are faced appropriately and appear full and inviting to Guests. Sanitize workspace as needed.
- Where applicable, stock the shelves where product purchase is available, ensuring products are ‘fresh’ and labelled with bar codes and priced according to direction.
- Provide administrative support for TRCA programs when required.
Provide general clerical support and duties as required.
What will you need to succeed:
- Completion of Ontario Secondary School Diploma is considered an asset.
- Active and current First Aid and CPR certificate is considered an asset (may be requirement depending on location).
- For certain locations only:
- Smart Serve Certification.
- Food Handler’s Certification is an asset.
- Previous experience working or volunteering in a customer service capacity.
- Previous experience with the operation of Point-of-Sale system and cash/credit card sales is considered an asset.
- Computer literacy utilizing Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Sound numeracy skills to perform basis calculations.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Must be flexible to work all required shifts, including weekends and holidays.
What TRCA has to offer you:
As part of a progressive team you will have the opportunity to make a positive impact to preserving and protecting nature, while maintaining a balance between the natural environment and built environment. Working with experts within our field, you will join a team of colleagues that are committed to TRCA’s core values of integrity, collaboration, accountability, respect, and excellence (icare).
You will be part of a diverse and inclusive organization that:
- Makes a positive difference in the communities we serve.
- Fosters high performance and collaborative teams.
- Provides continuous learning and development opportunities.
- Provides unique TRCA Perks.
- Provides flexible work arrangements.
- Offers potential for career growth and advancement.
Employment Type: Seasonal
Duration of Employment: 3 to 6 Months
Hours of work: 35hrs/week
Work location: Bathurst Glen Golf Course
Division: Conservation Parks and Lands
Business Unit: Conservation ParksTravel: 10 %
- Type de paie À heure
- Indicateur d'emploi Travailleur saisonnier
- Taux min. à l'embauche 15,68 $
- Taux max. à l'embauche 17,00 $
- Déplacement requis Oui
- Pourcentage de déplacements 10
- Études requises Études secondaires
- Bathurst Glen Golf Course, 12481 Bathurst St, Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada