Human Resources Generalist - LDHR
Abbotsford, BC, Canada ● Langley, BC, Canada Numéro de demande 220
11 juillet 2022
Title: HR Generalist
Ministry: Leadership Development & Human Resources
Location: Hybrid Langley, BC (Abbotsford in Jan 2023)
Reports to: LDHR Director
Position type: Permanent Full-Time ( 40 hours/ week)
Power to Change’s mission is to help people know Jesus and experience His power to change the world. Do you want to be part of that mission?
As an HR team, we recognize and develop the talents, potential and calling of the individual. We help staff flourish so together, we can achieve the mission of Power to Change (P2C). Our team supports the 10 ministries, 1 partner, and departments of P2C in providing guidance, resources, programs, and services.
What words describe our team? We are a collaborative, caring, celebratory, creative, entertaining, and prayerful team.
About the Role
The HR Generalist will strategically support the majority of the ministries and departments of Power to Change in the areas of coaching on best practices and performance management, recruitment, policy interpretation, and training. This position will also contribute to HR’s Wildly Important Goals and other team areas.
In this role, you will be responsible for achieving the following objectives:
1. Ministry and department staff are given professional HR support and coaching including the following areas (55%)
● Performance management● Terminations● Handling difficult conversations/situations● General HR requests (help with Job profiles, Ministry Partner Development (MPD needs), policy interpretations)● Training and team building● Participate in special projects and programs as needed
2. Lead the recruitment and evaluation process (25%)
● Work together with directors and leaders from various ministries to discern applicants' suitability for the the role
3. P2C has effective and proactive Health & Safety and Anti-Bullying & Harassment programs (15%)
● Chair the Healthy & Safety Committee● Conduct, review and update training for staff in these areas● Update policies as needed
4. You are an active team member of the HR team participating in the following (5%)
● Team meetings and events
● P2C Chapel● Team weekly Bible studies● Other team initiatives and activities
● You have a growing, personal relationship with Jesus Christ and a passion for ministry● You are able to work independently● You have proven written and verbal communication skills● You are able to navigate the Google Suite environment and are comfortable with learning new technologies and systems● You have experience coaching staff in at all levels of an organization● You have knowledge of employment laws and practices● You have excellent organizational skills● You are confident● You are professional and approachable with the ability to maintain confidentiality● You love thinking creatively● You have worked with a non profit organization (preferred)● You are fluent in French (an asset)
Education and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in the relevant field of study required. Additional related professional or HR certification is preferred such as CPHR Certification.
- You have 3 - 5 years minimum experience working in an HR related role
- Experience with Dayforce HCM or similar program is considered an asset
What We Offer Our Staff
- Employer-paid extended health and dental benefits (25+hours)
- Group RRSP contribution options with up to 2.5% matching after 1 year of employment
- Access to our Employment Assistant Program (EAP)
- Paid vacation
- Vacation time between Christmas and New Year
- Free registration to FamilyLife Weekend Getaway across Canada
- Weekly Chapel services
- Semi-annual Day of Prayer participation
- Discounts at our P2C Store
We thank all applicants for their interest in Power to Change; however, only candidates who closely match the requirements will be contacted directly. Power to Change requires that all staff have a pre-existing belief and demonstration of lifestyle as outlined in the P2C Code of Conduct and Statement of Faith and abide by the biblical principles outlined in these documents.
Candidates who are selected may be required to complete a background check.
- Type de paie Salaire
- Abbotsford, BC, Canada
- Langley, BC, Canada