NATURE AND SCOPE OF POSITION
Established in 1979, Toro Aluminum has become a leader in the development and manufacturing of window walls and doors for high-rise condominiums, office buildings and hotels, across Canada, the United States, and Mexico.
The Estimator reports directly to the Senior Estimator. Overtime and some weekend work may also be required, schedule is subject to change based on business needs.
- Perform take off of drawings
- Review specifications and properly interpret all tender documents
- Prepare detailed quantity lists of labour and materials
- Produce preliminary tenders to review with management
- Distribute all tender documents to bidding participants
- Analyze all received quotes from the sub trades
- Perform various pricing exercises for existing jobs
- Assist other departments within the group of companies with regards to contract verification
- Perform other duties as required
As the Estimator, you will play a key role in modelling and recognizing our core values. You will strive to demonstrate the Toro Company Values and hold our team accountable to behave in accordance with them every day through both words and actions.
- Do what you say – act with integrity so our customers and project teams trust us to deliver results
- Get it done – find solutions to ensure the job gets done right
- Be better every day – take pride and be passionate about improving our business, safety, and quality and strive to be the best
- Think big picture – think long-term, be strategic and have a vision. Your investment in our business, is critical to our success.
- Build strong relationships – value our employees, suppliers, and advisors as an essential part of our business. Develop and maintain strong relationships with our customers, contractors and stakeholders.
- 5 years of experience in construction estimation
- University degree or college diploma in architecture / architectural technology
- Proficient in Blue Beam, Excel, Word
- Excellent attention to detail, communication skills and time management skills
- Window experience is an asset
- Possess exceptional organizational and problem solving skills
- Ability to read blue prints and understand construction jargon
- Pay Type Salary
- 1594 Kebet Way, Port Coquitlam, BC V3C 5M5, Canada