Production Manager - PTG - Plant Supervision
The Production Manager reports to the Plant Manager.
- Provide leadership and support to production personnel and supervisors. Focus on development of supervisors.
- Leads by example and achieves results by communicating job performance expectations.
- Makes business, employee and financial decisions that will set us up for long-term success.
- Maintain constant communication with all internal and external stakeholder, including the support departments.
- Create leader standard work for themselves and provide support to the supervisors in creating theirs.
- Enhance and develop policies, procedures and service systems to meet the goals of the facility.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders on proposed process improvements, ideas and initiatives and gain support.
- Improve overall value stream and become a coach to teach value stream mapping to all the leaders.
- Ensures a “safety first” culture in the plant and ensures all manufacturing operations are conducted in compliance with Health & Safety regulations.
- Ensures that supervisors hold employees accountable in the event of contraventions to our safety practices.
- Responsible for promoting and increasing participation in reporting hazard and identifying near misses for all Production workers.
- The Production Manager is responsible for all manufacturing activities among all shifts.
- Find ways to eliminate barriers and provide solutions to execute manufacturing processes while maintaining a safe work environment for all employees.
- Utilizes best practice knowledge to adapt and implement new methods, lean and continuous improvement practices for manufacturing operations.
- Makes data-based decisions, maintains and publishes KPI’s that measure success of objectives and drives continuous improvement.
- Establish processes and expectations in meeting the KPI’s set out by the Plant Manager.
- Address high-level production issues and ensure they are resolved and communicated to all shifts.
- In partnership with the Quality team, establish and maintain a level of quality consistent with customer expectations.
- Act as a liaison for Lean methodology and implementation in the plant.
- Ensures the creation and maintenance of a visual management system in the plant using huddle boards, kanban boards, etc.
- On a daily basis, report plant performance to management.
- Conducts regular plant audits and reviews and ensures action items are completed.
- Monitor departmental performance against goals to ensure that progress is being made, and that corrective action is taken if necessary.
- Improve production standards through time studies and other standard data development methods.
- Identify areas for waste reduction.
- In consultation with the Plant Manager, develop plant or process flow layouts to improve productivity.
- Create and maintain production and manufacturing documentation such as SOP;s
- Persuade staff to adopt and incorporate quality and CI methods into their work.
- Prepare operational schedules and coordinate manufacturing activities to ensure production and quality of products meets specifications.
- Chair and attend production meetings twice per day.
- Drives a culture of high performance where everyone is committed to and accountable for delivery of performance goals.
- Engages the stakeholders to ensure the success of the team.
- Formalize the job requirements, job descriptions and procedures for the supervisors and functions within the shop.
- Responsible for recruitment, hiring, terminations and performance management.
- Develop objectives/targets for the teams and hold them accountable.
- Manage manufacturing employees, line workers, and other staff; recommend optimal staffing levels and schedules.
- Identify relevant training needs and opportunities. Conduct a skills gap analysis and skills development plan. Implement and ensure the maintenance of the employee skills matrix.
- Manage the morale in the facility by setting and demonstrating a strong business ethic for dealing with employees.
- Plan for future production and staffing requirements.
- Ensure that company policies are being adhered to.
- Although this is a day shift role, the incumbent is expected to occasionally overlap with night and weekend shifts in order to properly support manufacturing efforts. The incumbent must be willing to spend one week on nights or weekends per month.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with local, national, and international standards and legislation.
- Other duties as assigned.
We are looking for employees who share in our core values. Do you emulate the following?
- Do what you say - We act with integrity so our customers trust us to deliver results
- Get it done - We find solutions to ensure we get the job done right
- Be better every day - We are passionate about improving our business, safety, and quality and we strive to be the best
- Think big picture - We think long-term, and investment in our business is critical to our success
- Build strong relationships - We value our employees, customers, suppliers, and advisors as an essential part of our business
- 5+ years of relevant experience as a Production Manager.
- Completion of University degree or College diploma.
- Demonstrate exceptional leadership, problem solving, coaching, technical skills and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess good verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in lean methodology, quality and process improvements in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong analytical ability and detail orientation.
- Ability to influence others and effectively work in a team.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel.
- Pay Type Salary
- 360 Applewood Crescent, Vaughan, ON L4K 4V2, Canada