Service Coordinator - Toro - Service
NATURE AND SCOPE OF POSITION
The Service Coordinator reports directly to the Service, Shipping, Warehouse Manager. The Service Coordinator handles all requests for Service, Shipping, or Warehouse by coordinating full scope packages and scheduling tasks to be completed, while keeping internal / external customers appraised.
- Provide excellent customer service to clients: receiving calls, responding to queries, and progressing actions and orders in a timely manner. Maintain regular contact with the customer with the outcome of achieving a positive customer experience
- Liaise with service personnel to ensure understanding of work in progress and to track progress of orders providing feedback to customers, where necessary
- Ensure all stakeholders are informed of delays
- Where complaints are received, investigate and work with key persons to help resolve these and feedback solutions to customers
- Receive and administer requests and orders via Email, Phone and Ticket Software
- Coordinate, Create Scope Documents & Schedule Service, Shipping & Warehouse Tasks using AutoCAD, Bluebeam, Microsoft O365, PlanGrid, Autodesk Build, and Excel
- Maintain good relationships with service & material providers, order materials and coordinate the effective delivery of these
- Create glass orders and Job Site Delivery (JSD) orders for service
- Evaluate and purchase manufacturing ingredients/raw materials and other orders as required
- Undertake other administrative tasks, ensuring effective filing records are maintained and processes followed
As the Service Coordinator, you will play a key role in modelling and recognizing our core values. You will strive to demonstrate the Toro Company Values and hold our Site team accountable to behave in accordance with them every day through both words and actions.
- Do what you say – act with integrity so our customers and project teams trust us to deliver results
- Get it done – find solutions to ensure the job gets done right
- Be better every day – take pride and be passionate about improving our business, safety, and quality and strive to be the best
- Think big picture – think long-term, be strategic and have a vision. Your investment in our business, is critical to our success.
- Build strong relationships – value our employees, suppliers, and advisors as an essential part of our business. Develop and maintain strong relationships with our customers, contractors and stakeholders.
- High School Diploma
- Prior coordinator or scheduling experience is a plus
- Using Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel)
- 2-3 years working in an office environment (ideally gained from construction, engineering or manufacturing)
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High level of organization and time management capability and can prioritize conflicting demands
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- A self-starter, a strong willingness to learn
- Right first time approach with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret documents and drawings (preferred)
- Ability to schedule work
- Pay Type Salary
- 1594 Kebet Way, Port Coquitlam, BC V3C 5M5, Canada