Quality Control - Testing - Toro - L4 - Quality
Established in 1979, Toro Aluminum has become a leader in the development and manufacturing of window walls and doors for high-rise condominiums, office buildings and hotels, across Canada, the United States, and Mexico.
Shifts available at Toro Aluminum: Day Shift, Monday- Friday 8am-5pm
You will be tasked with identifying and documenting quality non-conformances (water testing equipment), measuring material to ensure compliance and maintaining effective communication to all affected departments. You will need to lift up to 30 lbs and have the ability to climb a ladder (6-7 ft). This position reports directly to the QC Supervisor.
- Inspect water testing equipment
- Identify deficiencies in production and maintain daily inspection log.
- Initiate corrective action procedures.
- Maintain Corrective Action Reports including log and follow ups.
- Analyze data to understand out of control situations.
- Develop short term solutions to quality issues for the purpose of keeping production flowing and assist in the development of long term corrective actions.
- Oversee final inspection team daily duties.
- Forward final inspection team concerns to proper department and floor personal
- Working with and communication with Management about Quality related issues.
- Update and maintain visual display boards as required
- Schedule monthly department meetings to review quality sensitive issues and keep a log of issues discussed.
- Attending production meetings.
- Any other duties assigned by management.
- 2-3 years’ experience in Quality Control, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to read and understand break down documents in order to analyze units in production.
- Assist in the training and educating of team members within the QC department on Quality Practices.
- Knowledge and previous use of inspection equipment and tools such as calipers, micrometers, angle gauges and tape measures.
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs
- Ability to climb a ladder (6-7 ft)
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those applicants who are qualified will be contacted. We do not wish to be contacted by recruiters.
Toro Aluminum Group of Companies welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date June 6, 2022
- 330 Applewood Crescent, Vaughan, ON L4K 4V2, Canada