Machinist - Toro - Design
Established in 1979, Toro Aluminum has become a leader in the development and manufacturing of window walls and doors for high-rise condominiums, office buildings and hotels, across Canada, the United States, and Mexico.
- Operates and maintains machine shop equipment.
- Reviews drawings, instructions, blueprints or samples to ensure accurate production.
- Prototype, fabricate, and assemble parts
- Takes precise measurements for cutting or shaping.
- Selects appropriate machine and settings for a given task
- Checks output for quality assurance and documents or discards defects
- Maintains a safe and clean workstation
As the Lab Technician, you will play a key role in modelling and recognizing our core values. You will strive to demonstrate the Toro Company Values and hold our Site team accountable to behave in accordance with them every day through both words and actions.
- Do what you say – act with integrity so our customers and project teams trust us to deliver results
- Get it done – find solutions to ensure the job gets done right
- Be better every day – take pride and be passionate about improving our business, safety, and quality and strive to be the best
- Think big picture – think long-term, be strategic and have a vision. Your investment in our business, is critical to our success.
- Build strong relationships – value our employees, suppliers, and advisors as an essential part of our business. Develop and maintain strong relationships with our customers, contractors and stakeholders.
- Solid skills working with universal hand tools. Experienced in work with pneumatic and electrical (both high and low voltage|) tools.
- Solid skills in operating machine shop equipment such as. Drilling, milling, lath and cutting on table, band and chop saws.
- Strong understanding of safety rules and procedures.
- Ability to lift 25 kg of weight multiple times during the work day.
- Ability to work on height about 2 m with no problem in orientation.
- Experience using measuring tools such as: measuring tapes, rulers, calipers and lasers.
- Working knowledge of both measuring systems – metric and imperial.
- Reading basic mechanical drawings.
- Basic computer skills with potential willing to learn.
- G type driver licence.
- Technical College education is preference.
- 3+ years of working experience in aluminum doors / windows / railings industry is an asset
- Pay Type Salary
- 388 Applewood Crescent, Vaughan, ON L4K 4B4, Canada