Director of Business Services
Are you looking for a rewarding career that spans the shipbuilding, defense, and tech industries? Do you want to work for a well-managed company that puts people first? Just named one of Canada’s top small and medium employers, Genoa Design has grown to be the largest dedicated production design firm in North America, and we are continuing to grow! So, if you are looking for a career that’s more about making a life than simply making a living, then come aboard the Genoa team as our next Director of Business Services!
WHO WE ARE
Genoa has been providing production design and 3D modeling services to shipbuilding and offshore industries from our Home Port in Newfoundland and Labrador since 1995. In that time, we’ve become one of the most sought-after production design firms in the North American shipbuilding market with a commitment to quality as a recent ISO 9001:2015 certified organization.
With a growing team of more than 250 designers, engineers, naval architects, administrators, and technical support staff, Genoa provides expertise and dedicated support throughout the shipbuilding process and is advancing our digital ship capabilities. A shift is underway – we are moving from a shipbuilding company that leverages technology, to a technology company that focuses on shipbuilding. Genoa is active in major government initiatives such as Canada’s National Shipbuilding Strategy (NSS) and in commercial contracts in shipyards throughout North America.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As the Director of Business Services, you’ll be responsible for leading a number of key areas including facilities management, operational planning, and a wide variety of corporate services initiatives aimed at continuing and improving the culture and employee experience at Genoa. A big part of this role involves working collaboratively with key team leaders across the organization and managing a range of projects and initiatives that ultimately drive success within Genoa.
Key areas of responsibility for the Director of Business Services include:
- Lead the Business Services team, providing advice, guidance, and direction to team members towards their performance and professional development.
- Develop and execute business services strategies to support Genoa’s strategic vision.
- Lead annual operations planning and business continuity planning processes.
- Have oversight of functional areas such as facilities management, purchasing, security, and travel.
- Consistently monitor all business systems to identify opportunities for improvement and advancement, effectively balance current operational requirements with long-term strategic objectives.
Draw upon expertise and a successful track record to advise on the best approaches for ensuring operational excellence and superior client service.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED IN YOUR TOOLKIT
As the ideal candidate, you have a post-secondary degree and 10 plus years of experience as a business leader within a technical industry or growth-oriented enterprise. You intrinsically understand the interconnection of various business systems and the importance of their continuous improvement and advancement.
We know your resume won’t tell the full story, but should include most of the following:
- You have deep understanding of key growth drivers and how to scale the business in a timely and efficient manner.
- Head in the clouds or boots on the ground – from strategy to execution, you find the right balance in your work.
- You are a trusted leader and advisor on the best approaches to creating efficient business systems and operational excellence.
- You are process-driven with the ability to analyze complex issues and translate into clear and concise reports and action plans that have flexibility to scale.
- You have a visible management style and a reputation for integrity and developing a collegial culture within your team.
- You are a team player and the have communication skills to create seamless working relationships across an organization.
You are detail-oriented with excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING WITH US
Working for us is good for you. Really!
Genoa values the diversity of the people we hire, our customers and all others with whom we interact. Diversity at our company means fostering a workplace that is inclusive of all people and their unique abilities, strengths, and differences. Our collaborative, fun and team-focused workspace is designed to give everyone a voice & the opportunity to make meaningful contributions.
We are powered by people who are technically proficient, passionate about our projects, and motivated to deliver superior results. The Genoa formula is simple: Put people first. Drive the digital ship model. And never, ever stand still. Our quest for quality and continuous improvement is at the heart of all we do.
We’ve done a lot of research on what makes a 5-star workplace. It’s always evolving, but these are some of the ways we keep the pep in our step:
THE ’WHAT YOU’D EXPECT’ STUFF
- Attractive compensation
- RRSP matching program
- Comprehensive group insurance plan and EFAP program
Vacation and discretionary days
THE ‘LET US SURPRISE YOU’ STUFF
- An employee wellness program to spend on whatever makes you happy
- Volunteer hours each year to support causes that matter to you
- An outstanding commitment to training, development, and career growth
- Catered lunches from local businesses
- Stretch breaks — because who wants to sit at a desk all day
Quiet rooms where you can take a break, dim the lights, and re-charge
You’ll be able to enjoy assorted extras such as free snacks, Genoa swag, an employee recognition values points program, and friendly team-building events. It’s ok to write on the office walls, too. Just sayin’!
If you require assistance in filling out your application, please email your request to Jobs@genoadesign.com and we would be happy to help!
Genoa actively creates and promotes an environment that is inclusive of all people and their unique abilities, strengths, and differences, and promotes diversity as a strategic and competitive business advantage for the company. We respect diversity in each other, our customers, and all others with whom we interact.
- Pay Type Salary
- Genoa Design International - Corporate, 15 Dundee Drive, Mount Pearl, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada