Civil Project Coordinator
Role At a Glance
Reporting to the Practice Lead, Land Development the Civil Project Coordinator focuses on coordinating resources, financial reporting and analysis as well as administrative support. This role requires someone with a general understanding of the design and construction process for land development. You will work with a Project Manager throughout the stages of a project from inception to completion, and may be assigned to multiple Project Managers for various projects as required.
You’ll Love This Role If
- You are ambitious in your pursuit to be the best
- You get the importance of paying attention to detail without losing sight of the big picture
- You embrace progressive change, out-of-the-box thinking, and working in a high-energy environment
- Support Business Development activities, including assistance with proposal and skeleton plans, and developing project understanding and methodologies
- Participate in project start-up including scheduling required meetings, and assistance in developing project schedules and charters
- Assist Project Managers with organizing the customer requirements and formulating the project plan, include input and updating project plan in Vision program
- Monitor progress of projects with team involved to ensure milestones are completed on time and within budget
- Provide regular financial, resource and status reporting updates to Project Manager
- Provide support for Project Manager in the bidding process
- Assist Project Manager in transfer from design team to CAFR teams by scheduling and attending hand-off meeting, and updating plan as required during construction
- Assist with project close-out, which includes monitoring deficiencies and comparing budget schedule and scope with estimates
- Assist in project meetings, take and distribute minutes and following up on action items
- Ensure the Project Manager’s time is used most effectively by filtering information/items that are forwarded
- Assume some additional responsibilities of the project managers in their absence
- University or college degree/diploma (Civil or Environmental Engineering diploma/degree is an asset)
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and Civil 3D is an asset
- Experience in MS Excel and Word; MS Project is an asset
- Previous experience working in a consulting engineering environment
- Working with specifications and the tender process would be considered an asset
- Demonstrated ability to write technically
- Ability to travel to off-site meetings as required
As one of Southwestern Ontario’s leading integrated architecture, engineering, and construction firms, WalterFedy and our sister company, AEC, both play a leading role in shaping the way our communities feel and function – it’s an amazing responsibility.
Our ambition goes beyond great design – we’re here to enhance the world around us. To make it happen, we need a team of agile, ambitious, and big-picture thinkers who share our drive to harness our collective talents to do something bigger.
Our team is made up of the industry's best. We share a common commitment to question the ordinary, infuse everything we do with creativity and challenge our industry to redefine what’s possible.
Join us as we move past working for a living, and toward building better communities with smart, influential design.
How to Apply
Please apply with your resume and cover letter using the link at the top of this page. You will be redirected to our internal application platform.
WalterFedy strives to create a culture of inclusivity and diversity. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including those from groups traditionally underrepresented in the workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity hiring practice and will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, creed, national origin, citizenship, status, age, sex, gender identity/expression, marital or domestic partnership status, or disability.
Should you require accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 519-576-2150.
Thank you for your interest in WalterFedy!
- Job Family Engineer
- Pay Type Salary
- Kitchener, ON, Canada