Contract Event Manager
Brookstreet Hotel, Ottawa’s leading restaurant, spa, conference and wedding destination is seeking a talented, dynamic Event Manager. Working at Brookstreet means redefining the hospitality experience in Ottawa where we deliver sensational service, beyond the bounds of a typical hotel chain.
The Event Manager is responsible for communicating with Event Organizers and clearly communicating their requirements to various hotel departments via Event Orders, Group Resumes and other methods of communication as required. The Event Manager plays a pivotal role in the ultimate success of all Brookstreet events.
This is an 18 month contract position
- Excellent time management, organizational skills and communication skills
- Ability to perform job functions with minimal supervision
- Ability to work cohesively in a team setting and multi task
- Ability to focus attention on details
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, Visual 1, and Delphi
- Previous experience in a similar role at a luxury hotel or conference facility (3 years experience preferred)
- Bilingualism is considered an asset
- College degree in a related field is considered an asset
- Communicating with Event Conveners for all assigned events and answering queries within the same business day.
- Preparation of internal documentation for the group. Including Event Orders, Group Resumes, Floorplans and ensuring Event Organizer’s approval has been received along with any outstanding deposits
- Ensuring that the Banquet SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures) are being followed.
- Consistently reading the banquet pass-off for group follow-up.
- Daily walk through the Banquet Function space area to greet Event Organizers and ensure their satisfaction.
- Communicating any changes, modifications or guest satisfaction comments to the Head of Conference Services and Events, Banquets team or other department as required.
- Flexible schedule to be in attendance for larger or VIP events and greet the group. After hours and weekends are to be expected.
- Conducting complete site tours to familiarize guests with Brookstreet.
- Ensuring that posting of their group’s banquet invoices are accurate.
- Conducting pre convention and post convention meetings with larger events.
- Ensuring yield management of their events by ensuring that the group is respecting contract obligations.
- Attending daily and weekly meetings with other hotel departments to ensure all event details have been communicated and are up to date.
- Reviewing Event Orders to ensure that all items are properly setup for billing (ex. Rental, menu pricing, coat check, SOCAN fees, Internet, electrical charges etc.)
***candidates may be subjected to additional quizzing as part of their recruitment process***
- Pay Type Salary
- Brookstreet Hotel, 525 Legget Dr, Kanata, Ontario, Canada
- The Marshes Golf Club, 320 Terry Fox Dr, Kanata, Ontario, Canada