Part Time Banquet Lead
Job Overview: The Banquet Captain is considered the support of the Banquet team and liaison with Management. This position is responsible for ensuring guest satisfaction, adherence to the SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures) by the banquet team and maintenance of banquet areas.
Why Work for us?
- Free covered parking.
- We will feed you! Staff cafeteria serving hot meals, salad bar, pop, coffee & more.
- We provide uniforms (and we clean them).
- Paid personal days.
- Discounted hotel stays for you, your friends & family.
- Discounts on gym memberships, spa, golf, mini golf, restaurants & café.
- Great social events including; annual staff gala, kid’s Christmas party, summer anniversary party, staff appreciation week and more.
- Hotel training program, plus when you complete it, we give you a free night stay with a dining voucher!
- Quarterly recognition & award celebrations
- Medical benefits & RRSP provided for full time staff
- Employee assistance program with additional perks
- Leadership development training program
Reports To: Banquet Manager
- College degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to perform job functions with minimal supervision
- Ability to work cohesively in a team setting and multi task
- Ability to focus attention on details
- Must have strong organizational skills and be able to prioritize job duties
- Must be available for all shifts including weekends & holidays
- Enthusiastic and energetic
- Resourceful, creative, passionate
- Available Evening and Weekends, and occasionally morning weekdays
- Must be smart serve certified
- Must be physically able to lift/push/ pull heavy items minimum 50 pounds weight
- Conducting a daily inspection of the banquet areas including noting and advising of maintenance issues. Ensuring that rooms are set and food ordered is as per indicated on Event Order.
- Executing larger events and meal functions and ensuring regular quality checks with the meeting organizer and effective communication with the Culinary team and banquet partners.
- Conducting thorough informative shift briefings prior to the shift and or meal service so partners are aware of entire banquet floor functions for day.
- Assigning side duties to partners and following up on their completion
- Assisting the Banquet Event Manager with the regular liaison with the Culinary team ensuring smooth and efficient processes for food pickup, dish out and regulating the dish service area.
- Ensuring that the Banquet SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures) are being followed and updated as required.
- Completely daily administrative aspects of department; accurate pass offs, internal email pass off, billing, & tracking sheet, payroll when required, photocopying of SEO’s, attending 14:30 catering mtg, room signs & labels for next day, parking passes & internet codes, etc.
- Conducting a thorough shift pass off from AM to Pm leader
- Ensuring insurance, legal, health and safety obligations are adhered to. Forms 6 and 7 to be completed following any injury.
- Reviewing Event Orders for the next day clarifying instructions with Event Managers and ensuring adequate partners are scheduled accordingly.
- Regular maintenance of the Starbucks equipment including the cleaning, inventory and proper storage.
- Ensuring a team member’s presence at the following meetings: B Green, Health and Safety.
- Supporting the Banquet Event Manager with the monitoring of breaks for all partners.
- Conducting inventory on banquet equipment 3 times a year (January / May / September).
- Conducting inventory on china and glassware 2 times a year (June / December).
- Organizing and preparing bars through the AZBAR system.
- Providing floats to the bartenders, coat check personnel.
- Meetings include weekly Events Meeting (13:00-14:00 Thursdays), banquet leader mtgs & banquet partner meetings
- May be assigned to actual service on a floor based on business levels should there not be a requirement for a lead that day only partners. This is to ensure that full hours are received.
Apply online, Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us at our Open Interview Sessions every Fridays between 1:00-4:00pm or Tuesdays 3:00-6:00pm at Brookstreet Hotel, 525 Legget Drive, Kanata, Ottawa, K2K 2W2 – HR (Casting) Office.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Brookstreet Hotel, 525 Legget Dr, Kanata, Ontario, Canada