F.T. Assistant Food and Beverage Manager
Brookstreet Hotel, Ottawa’s leading restaurant, spa, conference and wedding destination is seeking a talented, dynamic Assistant Food and Beverage Manager. Working at Brookstreet means redefining the hospitality experience in Ottawa where we deliver sensational service, beyond the bounds of a typical hotel chain.
Primary responsibility is to provide leadership, direction and supervision to partners in the daily operations of the Outlets, including, but not limited to Perspectives Restaurant, Options Jazz Lounge, IRD, B Café. The Assistant Food and Beverage Manager assist and direct food and beverage partners in providing sensational experiences for our guests.
Reports To: Food and Beverage Operations Manager
Reporting to the Food & Beverage Operations Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Collaborate with the Food & Beverage Outlets Manager in daily operations of Options Lounge, Perspectives Dining Room, In-Room Dining and B Cafe
- Collaborate with Food & Beverage Operations Manager to control costs, maximize profits, be current and provide unique dining experiences.
- Seek opportunities to establish the Options Lounge, Perspectives Dining Room in prominent position within the competitive market.
- Review and analyze monthly results, highlight problem areas and discuss these with the Food & Beverage Operations Manager and appropriate staff. Ensure appropriate action is taken to rectify issues.
- Participate in special events and promotional functions, maintaining a high profile with current and prospective guests.
- Be aware of current trends in the industry and make suggestions for implementation.
- Attend meetings and training courses as required and continually strive for the improvement of professional skills.
- Remain current and set expectations for enforcing the highest standards of safety, sanitation, and hygiene according to Health & Safety Board.
- Assess guest satisfaction by visiting with dining patrons daily and reviewing guest comments.
- Exemplify the level of guest service that is expected of all team members.
- Accommodate all guest requests in an accurate and efficient manner. Coordinate all group requests and needs.
- Handle all guest complaints in a timely manner and follow up to ensure complaints or problems are resolved and action is taken to avoid recurrence.
- Recruit, interview, hire, train and evaluate colleague performance.
- Communicate with colleagues and Operations Manager / Leads to ensure operational needs are met so the guest experience is a positive memorable one.
- Coach partners to reinforce positive behavior and to improve performance as needed.
- Coordinate with sales department to prepare for upcoming events and promotions
- Control labor and operating expenses through effective scheduling, budgeting, purchasing decisions and inventory control.
- Maintain control systems that will assure quality and portion consistency
- Ensure proper management of assets including china, silver, glass, food inventories, beverage inventories and equipment.
- At Least 2 years Previous Food and Beverage leadership experience required
- Previous Point of Sale System experience required
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications required
- University/College degree in a related discipline preferred
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Advance Wine and Food knowledge
- Ability to motivate and train partners
- Ability to work cohesively with all outlet areas & co-workers as part of a team
- Ability to schedule various services for individuals and large groups
- Strong attention to detail
- Flexibility in schedule
Email your resume to email@example.com
- Pay Type Salary
- Brookstreet Hotel, 525 Legget Dr, Kanata, Ontario, Canada