Manager, HR Business Partner
VinFast is Vietnam’s leading manufacturer of premium automobiles and has achieved its initial goal of being #1 in all competing segments of domestic car retail in less than 2 years. Now, in 2022 we embark on our next mission - global expansion with the launch of our all-Electric smart SUV model line-up starting in Canada, USA and Europe. VinFast is one of the largest auto manufacturers in South East Asia with world-class equipment and infrastructure, with a capacity of up to 500,000 cars per year. We have partnered with global leading automotive suppliers in manufacturing and engineering and enlisted the world-renowned Italian design house Pininfarina to design both the exterior and interiors of our entire model line. VinFast is proud to produce vehicles with superior craftsmanship, the highest safety standards, and intelligent infotainment that compete with leading Asian, European and American OEMs. VinFast also supports its owners with an exceptional, seamless customer experience in both sales and aftersales.
VinFast Auto Canada Inc. an OEM distribution company with a Direct-to-Consumer business model, has an ambitious growth strategy planning rapid retail and aftersales facility expansion in Canada over the next 12 months. Our management team is now looking for talented individuals from the automotive, retail consumer products, and technology industries to assist in this endeavor. Our top applicants will possess an entrepreneurial mindset, be a creative problem solver, have an incredible work ethic and thrive in a start-up environment.
VinFast and VinFast Auto Canada Inc. are subsidiaries of Vingroup, one of the largest private conglomerates in Asia with a market capitalization of C$20 billion. As a multi-sector corporation, Vingroup focuses on three main areas: Technology, Industrials, and Real Estate.
SCOPE OF THE JOB
We are looking for an HR Business Partner to collaborate with team members from our head office and showroom population. In this role, you will act as a strategic business partner and coach for people leaders and provide operational support to employees. You are an experienced HR professional, that is passionate about the employee experience, and you know how to balance the needs of the business and the needs of the people. As we build our business and grow the number of employees, you will be part of developing HR programs, policies and processes related to talent management, employee engagement, and organizational effectiveness, as well as supporting the day to day HR operations. We are looking for someone who likes to turn ideas into reality and can roll up their sleeves and dive in, someone that is a true generalist, that’s innovative and passionate.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Partner with leadership to identify their needs, and assist them by building effective practices, policies and programs to best support both the business and employees.
- Build strong and trusted relationships with leaders and employees to act as a consultant, have open and direct conversations, challenge ideas and provide opinions to influence business decisions. Advise on and resolve all policy questions, job-related concerns and employee performance issues.
- Advocate for employees and remind leaders of the impact of their decisions on their people.
- Ensure consistent culture and develop programs and initiatives to support it.
- Manage employee relations and performance management issues which require confidentiality and discretion.
- Review and analyze data to identify trends and recommend solutions to business challenges, improve performance, retention, and employee experience.
- Lead projects relating to talent management, learning and development, employee engagement and retention.
- Lead HR processes such as annual performance reviews, compensation, and policy related implementations.
- Identify training and development needs for teams and individuals and assist with training initiatives.
- Collect and analyze salary survey data to benchmark the company's position; recommend changes to salary and benefit structures as required. Ensure that pay practices remain equitable and competitive for the company; evaluate and revise programs based on changes in policy direction and trend analysis.
- Provide guidance and expertise on job architecture. Apply a systematic methodology to lead job evaluation reviews and provide rationale based on the impact and scope of a position.
- Develop recruitment strategy of our showroom and head office employees and ensuring we have a team that is set up for success.
- Develop and implement talent management, learning and development strategies which support our culture and collaborate with business partners in these processes.
- Ensure compliance with employment legislation and ESA.
- Work as an integrated member of the Human Resources team.
- Support all other areas of Human Resources, when required and any other duties as assigned.
- Degree or diploma in Human Resources or relevant program, CHRP designation would be an asset.
- 7+ years human resource generalist experience, prior HR Business Partner experience is an asset.
- Proven experience in all aspects of Human Resource Management, including recruitment, employee relations, job evaluations and compensation, performance management, leadership development and training.
- Human Resources experience supporting 250 or more employees, hourly or retail employee client groups and/or automotive dealership experience is preferred.
- Passion for creating a positive employee culture and experience.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and customer service skills.
- Empathetic leader with ability to develop credible and trusted relationships.
- Exercise a high degree of professionalism and diplomacy in interactions with all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and critical-thinking skills; able to identify issues, propose solutions, and implement appropriate changes.
- Self-motivated, reliable and follows through on commitments.
- Solutions focused, strong work ethic, and desire to achieve excellence.
- Highly flexible and adaptable within a rapid and changing work environment.
- Excellent computer skills, proficient with Excel and Word.
- Strong knowledge in employment laws; multi-jurisdiction experience preferred.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A modern, professional environment where you’ll work with and learn from highly specialized and dedicated experts from all over the world.
- Competitive and equitable salaries that recognize your experience and expertise.
- Generous group insurance benefit package to employees and their eligible dependents.
- Wellness Spending Account to promote an active lifestyle and a healthier workforce.
- A flexible working culture enabling our employees to adjust their work hours and schedules, whenever possible, that accommodates and respects your personal commitments, balanced with business needs.
- An RRSP contribution program to support our employees in planning and managing their financial well-being into the future.
Join us on our adventure to reach new horizons with endless excitement: Because when everything feels possible, changing mobility for all becomes achievable!
At VinFast Canada, we are committed to creating and preserving an accessible, welcoming, supportive, fair, and inclusive environment. Accommodations are available to support prospective employees during the recruitment and hiring process. Should you require any accommodations, please advise us in advance so that we can work with you to find suitable accommodation.
- Pay Type Salary
- VinFast Auto Canada, BC Head Office, 2025 Willingdon Avenue, Suite 900, Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada