Senior Manager, PMO
7000 Pine Valley Dr, Vaughan, ON L4L 4Y8, Canada Req #1212
Tuesday, April 12, 2022
Reporting to the Chief Information Officer, the Senior Manager, PMO will oversee a group of project managers and be responsible for establishing project performance management practices, governance, rigor and evaluating overall project success.
In this newly created role, the successful candidate will oversee the day-to-day management of project issues, vendor management and escalation and project delivery timelines
- Support the CIO in building out a Project Management Office using lean and agile methodologies.
- Focus will be on overseeing the practice management standardization project.
- Develop, manage, and govern a standard project delivery model for all projects
- Work closely with a network of stakeholders; clinics, business units and vendors to deploy VetStrategy solutions
- Manage all aspects of project lifecycle from project discovery to closure
- Manage and govern project schedule, resource planning, budgeting, project team management and all delivery risks relative to each business unit
- Escalate project issues to key stakeholders and senior leadership team
- Process Improvement: project post mortem analysis to improve our project management processes and practices
- Work closely with clinical operations and business units to manage and coordinate logistics of operational activities during project lifecycle
- Remote and onsite support when required
- Maintain project documentation and technical documents
Background, Experience and Qualifications
- University degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5+ years experience in Project Management
- Certified PMP or other Project Management related degree or working towards certification would be considered an asset
- Solid understanding of Project Management methodology, processes and functions
- Superior customer service experience, technical support and IT field support is required
- Previous experience successfully interfacing with both internal and external stakeholders to achieve shared project goals
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to effectively manage conflicting priorities from various stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills over the phone, in person, and through email
- Excellent critical thinking skills with the ability to identify and solve problems
- Set clear expectations and define key performance indicators for self
- Ability to multi-task daily projects and commitments and the ability to work independently
- Highly motivated, action-oriented, and results driven with a positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Extremely high-energy, tenacious, and lots of ‘hustle’
- Collaborative, and comfortable in a team-oriented environment
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft technologies
- Willingness to travel
- Ability to work outside of regular business hours
- Comfortable working in a pet friendly environment
Our Ideal Candidate possesses the following Cultural Competencies:
We are Relationship Focused!
- In every interaction with the hospitals, we build and maintain personal connections and trust. All relationships matter regardless of different levels, functions, cultures or geography.
- Different perspectives are encouraged as we look for the best way to do things. We collaborate with the hospitals and one another to ensure that all work is in the best interest of the hospital and takes into account the unique needs of each location. We are externally focused on our hospitals rather than only internally focused on our processes.
We Speak the Truth!
- We are honest and transparent. We can question or challenge without fear of negative repercussions. We support one another and take responsibility for ourselves.
We are Humble!
- We’re all in this together. There is no room for ego or hierarchy mentality here. We are unpretentious and approachable. We support and appreciate one another. We regularly seek feedback without defensiveness. We reflect on our activities and the impact we have on others.
We Take Care of the Rest!
- We view everything we do through the lens of the hospitals. We seek to understand first. Every decision we make is based on impact to patient care, client service, and hospitals teams. We do what’s best for the hospitals not just Home Office.
Our Ideal Candidate possesses the following Leadership Competencies:
Focus on Your People
- Leaders act as coaches, encouraging and empowering their team to reach personal and organizational goals. They are able to communicate and drive the vision & purpose of the organization in a way that inspires action. Leaders foster engagement through team connectivity, feedback and recognition.
- Leaders never rest on ‘good enough’ and continually seek ways to get even better. They encourage their team to question the status quo and bring forth new ideas. They make good and timely decisions that move the organization forward. They look ahead to future possibilities and remain flexible and ready to adapt to business needs.
- Leaders take on new opportunities with a sense of energy and enthusiasm that is contagious. They focus on continually improving the processes and ways we work. They plan and prioritize to meet the goals of their team and the organization through establishing metrics and milestones. They accept responsibility for all success and misses for themselves and their team.
Be Your Best Self
Leaders show up each day ready to model the behaviour they wish to see from others. They actively seek new ways to develop and are not afraid to take risks and try something different. They stretch in order to grow.
- Leaders are expert communicators. They deliver timely and helpful communications to their team ensuring that all feel connected and in the loop. They understand that different audiences require different messaging and know the best way to deliver a communication based on the setting; one-on-one, small and large groups or among diverse styles and position levels. They actively listen to others and encourage open expression and diverse ideas.
- Pay Type Salary
- 7000 Pine Valley Dr, Vaughan, ON L4L 4Y8, Canada