IT Project Manager (PIMS) - 24 month contract
Reporting to the Manager, PMO, the Bilingual IT Project Manager will be responsible for establishing project performance management practices and evaluating project success.
The successful candidate will oversee the day-to-day management of project issues, vendor management and escalation and project delivery timelines
- Develop, manage, and govern a standard project delivery model for all projects
- Work closely with a network of stakeholders; clinics, business units and vendors to deploy VetStrategy solutions
- Manage all aspects of project lifecycle from project discovery to closure
- Manage and govern project schedule, resource planning, budgeting, project team management and all delivery risks relative to each business unit
- Escalate project issues to key stakeholders and senior leadership team
- Process Improvement: project post mortem analysis to improve our project management processes and practices
- Work closely with clinical operations and business units to manage and coordinate logistics of operational activities during project lifecycle
- Remote and onsite support when required
- Maintain project documentation and technical documents
Background, Experience and Qualifications
- Must be fluent in speaking and writing in both French and English
- University degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 to 5 years experience in Project Management
- Certified PMP or other Project Management related degree or working towards certification would be considered an asset
- Solid understanding of Project Management methodology, processes and functions
- Superior customer service experience, technical support and IT field support is required
- Previous experience successfully interfacing with both internal and external stakeholders to achieve shared project goals
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to effectively manage conflicting priorities from various stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills over the phone, in person, and through email
- Excellent critical thinking skills with the ability to identify and solve problems
- Set clear expectations and define key performance indicators for self
- Ability to multitask daily projects and commitments and the ability to work independently
- Highly motivated, action-oriented, and results driven with a positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Extremely high-energy, tenacious, and lots of ‘hustle’
- Collaborative, and comfortable in a team-oriented environment
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft technologies
- Willingness to travel
- Ability to work outside of regular business hours
- Comfortable working in a pet friendly environment
Our Ideal Candidate possesses the following Cultural Competencies:
We are Relationship Focused!
- In every interaction with the hospitals, we build and maintain personal connections and trust. All relationships matter regardless of different levels, functions, cultures or geography.
- Different perspectives are encouraged as we look for the best way to do things. We collaborate with the hospitals and one another to ensure that all work is in the best interest of the hospital and takes into account the unique needs of each location. We are externally focused on our hospitals rather than only internally focused on our processes.
We Speak the Truth!
- We are honest and transparent. We can question or challenge without fear of negative repercussions. We support one another and take responsibility for ourselves.
We are Humble!
- We’re all in this together. There is no room for ego or hierarchy mentality here. We are unpretentious and approachable. We support and appreciate one another. We regularly seek feedback without defensiveness. We reflect on our activities and the impact we have on others.
We Take Care of the Rest!
- We view everything we do through the lens of the hospitals. We seek to understand first. Every decision we make is based on impact to patient care, client service, and hospitals teams. We do what’s best for the hospitals not just Home Office.
- Pay Type Salary
- 7000 Pine Valley Dr, Vaughan, ON L4L 4Y8, Canada