Human Resources Coordinator
Named one of Canada’s Top Small and Medium Employers by Canada’s Top 100 project in the Globe & Mail in 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021, Best Small and Medium Employers in Canada for four years running by Aon, and Insurance Industry Employer of Choice for 2016 and 2017 by Insurance Business, we are a young, growth oriented team with a commitment to attracting and retaining exceptional talent. Our growth has landed us on the Growth 500 list twice and our entrepreneurial style and niche market position ensure that our people see the result of their hard work reflected in the company’s success.
We are currently seeking a qualified individual for the following opportunity in our downtown Toronto office.
HUMAN RESOURCES COORDINATOR - TORONTO
The Human Resources Coordinator will act as an integral member of the HR team, assisting with the full scope of people operations at Trisura including onboarding, offboarding, health and wellness and other employee programs. The successful candidate will contribute to our highly engaged culture while focusing on the growth and development needs of our people.
As an integral member of the team, you will bring:
- Passion for excellence and a very high level of attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to relate to and communicate with people at all levels of the organization.
- Very strong organizational skills and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with competing, multiple priorities.
- Ability to execute on HR and business strategy with speed, accuracy and passion.
- Proficiency with Ceridian Dayforce, Microsoft Teams, Outlook, Excel, Word and Powerpoint, as well as computer savviness and adaptability to new systems.
- Ability to analyze data and provide recommendations.
- Comfortable speaking and presenting to groups of people.
- Positive attitude and entrepreneurial spirit, embracing our vision “a step above”.
- Contribute to Trisura’s highly engaged culture by participating in the management of various programs and initiatives that help develop and engage its people.
- Manage the on-boarding process to ensure that each new hire experience is a step above.
- Manage all off boarding to ensure a smooth transition.
- Process bi-monthly payroll and monthly benefit programs.
- Manage Dayforce employee modules, records, documents, and update information accordingly.
- Answer employee inquiries on a variety of employment-related matters.
- Provide employees and managers administrative support on leave cases, including but not limited to maternity leave, short/long term disability, return to work.
- Provide employees and managers administrative support on other HR-related processes, procedures, and policies.
- Manage an inventory of employee skills by tracking education, training programs and ongoing development by employees.
- Proven experience handling and managing matters, data and information of a confidential nature
- Can readily build trust and respect with managers and employees
- Ensure employee confidentiality a privacy through the management of personal data.
- Annually review people policies and programs to ensure alignment with Trisura’s vision and compliance with government regulations.
- Work with vendors and service providers as needed.
- Plan employee special events.
- Provide any additional assistance to the HR team as required.
- A willing can do it attitude and a desire to work in a varied, busy team environment.
- 5+ years of experience in a Human Resources Administration role.
- Ceridian Dayforce experience required.
- Microsoft Teams, Outlook, Excel, Word and Powerpoint experience required.
- Bachelors or College program in a business or related field.
- Bilingual in English and French an asset.
Here at Trisura, we are committed to an inclusive and barrier-free workplace that reflects the diversity in each of our offices across Canada. Accommodations will be provided on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of our recruitment and selection process.
We thank all candidates for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Trisura Guarantee Insurance Company, headquartered in the heart of Canada’s financial district, is a specialty lines insurer with a focus on Surety, Specialty Insurance, Property & Casualty, and Warranty products.
As a Canadian owned and operated company, Trisura brings innovative solutions and expertise through a select network of both national and regional brokerage firms.
The company, founded in 2006, and operating across Canada with offices in Toronto, Halifax, Montréal, Calgary and Vancouver, is uniquely positioned to satisfy all varieties of risk in Contract, Commercial and Developer Surety, Directors' and Officers' Liability, Fidelity, and Professional Liability including Media Liability, as well as Warranty products.
- Pay Type Salary
- 333 Bay St., Toronto, ON M5H 2R2, Canada