Claims Representative, Surety
Named one of Canada’s Top Small and Medium Employers by Canada’s Top 100 project in the Globe & Mail in 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021, Best Small and Medium Employers in Canada for four years running by Aon, and Insurance Industry Employer of Choice for 2016 and 2017 by Insurance Business, we are a young, growth oriented team with a commitment to attracting and retaining exceptional talent. Our growth has landed us on the Growth 500 list twice and our entrepreneurial style and niche market position ensure that our people see the result of their hard work reflected in the company’s success.
CLAIMS REPRESENTATIVE, SURETY
The Claims Representative will be responsible for the management of claims within the Surety line of business. With a degree from a recognized university and 3+ years of experience in handling insurance and/or surety claims, you will be responsible for all aspects of the claims process including:
- Coverage evaluation
- Setting claim reserves
- Reviewing, interpreting, negotiating and drafting agreements
- Responding to principals, brokers and claimants
- Litigation management
- Negotiation of settlements
- Authorizing payments as required
- Providing updates and support to the team of surety underwriters
You will also have the responsibility to investigate, evaluate, and resolve claims directly and in conjunction with internal and external counsel, claims adjusters and consultants.
As an integral member of the team, you will bring:
- Ability to thrive in a challenging, fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong critical thinking and analytical capabilities
- Forward thinking and collaborative approach to problem solving
- Self-directed work style with the ability to operate in a nimble entrepreneurial environment
- A passionate, participative, service oriented attitude
- 3+ years’ experience in handling insurance and/or surety claims
- Fully bilingual in French and English an asset
Here at Trisura, we are committed to an inclusive and barrier-free workplace that reflects the diversity in each of our offices across Canada. Accommodations will be provided on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of our recruitment and selection process.
We thank all candidates for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Trisura Guarantee Insurance Company, headquartered in the heart of Canada’s financial district, is a specialty lines insurer with a focus on Surety, Specialty Insurance, Property & Casualty, and Warranty products.
As a Canadian owned and operated company, Trisura brings innovative solutions and expertise through a select network of both national and regional brokerage firms.
The company, founded in 2006, and operating across Canada with offices in Toronto, Halifax, Montréal, Calgary and Vancouver, is uniquely positioned to satisfy all varieties of risk in Contract, Commercial and Developer Surety, Directors' and Officers' Liability, Fidelity, and Professional Liability including Media Liability, as well as Warranty products.
- Pay Type Salary
- 333 Bay St., Toronto, ON M5H 2R2, Canada