Underwriter, Professional Solutions
Named one of Canada’s Top Small and Medium Employers by Canada’s Top 100 project in the Globe & Mail in 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021, Best Small and Medium Employers in Canada for four years running by Aon, and Insurance Industry Employer of Choice for 2016 and 2017 by Insurance Business, we are a young, growth oriented team with a commitment to attracting and retaining exceptional talent. Our growth has landed us on the Growth 500 list twice and our entrepreneurial style and niche market position ensure that our people see the result of their hard work reflected in the company’s success.
UNDERWRITER / SENIOR UNDERWRITER, PROFESSIONAL SOLUTIONS –
The successful applicant will be passionate, and results oriented with the capability to build upon and foster relationships with new and existing broker clients. The successful applicant will be responsible for both marketing and underwriting our suite of Specialty Insurance Solutions products including Professional Liability (including miscellaneous E&O, technology E&O, cyber and media liability policies) and Commercial package policies.
As an integral member of the team, you will bring:
• Dedication to exceptional customer service
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities
• An innovative mindset for delivering thorough solutions
• Passion for excellence and detail orientation
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to develop new business through networking/marketing with brokers, clients, consultants, lawyers and represent Trisura at various industry related functions
• Self-motivation and entrepreneurial outlook with solid interpersonal skills and an ability to work within a team environment
• A focus on customer service as a key deliverable is essential
• Representing our Specialty Insurance Solutions team in the Province of Québec
• Marketing and sourcing new business opportunities
• Managing and building a portfolio of Specialty Insurance accounts specifically in Technology E&O, Miscellaneous E&O, Cyber and Media liability
• Establishing and maintaining broker relationships
• Evaluating exposures and determining appropriate terms and conditions of coverage
• Learning new product lines and coverages as they are developed
• Maintaining a thorough understanding of relevant industry trends and their impact on products offered
• Bachelor’s degree or post-secondary education in business, marketing, or insurance preferred
• Minimum experience in underwriting/broking specialty insurance product lines of 5 years (Senior Underwriter) and 3 years (Underwriter)
• Bilingual in French and English
Here at Trisura, we are committed to an inclusive and barrier-free workplace that reflects the diversity in each of our offices across Canada. Accommodations will be provided on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of our recruitment and selection process.
We thank all candidates for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Trisura Guarantee Insurance Company, headquartered in the heart of Canada’s financial district, is a specialty lines insurer with a focus on Surety, Specialty Insurance, Property & Casualty, and Warranty products.
As a Canadian owned and operated company, Trisura brings innovative solutions and expertise through a select network of both national and regional brokerage firms.
The company, founded in 2006, and operating across Canada with offices in Toronto, Halifax, Montréal, Calgary and Vancouver, is uniquely positioned to satisfy all varieties of risk in Contract, Commercial and Developer Surety, Directors' and Officers' Liability, Fidelity, and Professional Liability including Media Liability, as well as Warranty products.
- Pay Type Salary
- Montreal, QC, Canada