Financial Analyst / Underwriter, Contract Surety - Montreal
Named one of Canada’s Top Small and Medium Employers by Canada’s Top 100 project in the Globe & Mail in 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021, Best Small and Medium Employers in Canada for four years running by Aon, and Insurance Industry Employer of Choice for 2016 and 2017 by Insurance Business, we are a young, growth oriented team with a commitment to attracting and retaining exceptional talent. Our growth has landed us on the Growth 500 list twice and our entrepreneurial style and niche market position ensure that our people see the result of their hard work reflected in the company’s success.
FINANCIAL ANALYST / UNDERWRITER
CONTRACT SURETY – MONTREAL
As a member of the Surety team in Montreal, you will be responsible to assess the financial position and creditworthiness of new and existing, construction focused surety clients, provide recommendations to senior management, and underwrite surety bonds. The ideal candidate is a self-starter and results oriented with the capability to develop and build upon and foster business relationships with new and existing clients and their brokers.
As an integral member of the team, you will bring:
- Demonstrated capability for outstanding customer service and building long term relationships
- Proven track record for quick, accurate problem resolution
- Exceptional financial statement analysis skills
- Passion for excellence and detail orientation
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Strong work ethic, good organizational and time management skills and the ability to work well, both independently and in a team-based environment
- A logical, process-oriented work style
- Strong decision-making skills
- Underwrite new business applications for contract surety according to company standards
- Underwrite Development deals for Developer Surety applications.
- Analyze, assess and continually monitor the financial strength of new and existing construction account business
- Negotiate specific terms and conditions for the issuance of surety bonds and surety facilities for both construction and developer facilities.
- Regular monitoring of various construction and development projects and aggregate exposures
- Develop new business through networking and marketing primarily with specialist surety brokers.
- Represent Trisura at various associations and industry related functions and events.
- Search for solutions to financial challenges with the ability to bring creativity and innovation to underwriting risks.
- Expand upon industry knowledge and commitment to continual skillset improvement through courses, and mentoring by senior members of the team.
- Successful completion of BCom, or BA with Business, Accounting or Finance focus
- Any previous experience in Surety, Commercial Credit, Banking, Finance, or Finance Leasing considered an asset.
Here at Trisura, we are committed to an inclusive and barrier-free workplace that reflects the diversity in each of our offices across Canada. Accommodations will be provided on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of our recruitment and selection process.
We thank all candidates for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Trisura Guarantee Insurance Company, headquartered in the heart of Canada’s financial district, is a specialty lines insurer with a focus on Surety, Specialty Insurance, Property & Casualty, and Warranty products.
As a Canadian owned and operated company, Trisura brings innovative solutions and expertise through a select network of both national and regional brokerage firms.
The company, founded in 2006, and operating across Canada with offices in Toronto, Halifax, Montréal, Calgary and Vancouver, is uniquely positioned to satisfy all varieties of risk in Contract, Commercial and Developer Surety, Directors' and Officers' Liability, Fidelity, and Professional Liability including Media Liability, as well as Warranty products.
- Pay Type Salary
- Montreal, QC, Canada