Coordinator, HR and Employee Services
Current rate of pay: $36.37/hr to $39.43/hr
Effective April 1, 2022 rate of pay: $37.09/hr to $40.21/hr
Employment type: Temporary Full-Time
Duration of employment: Up to 9 months
Hours of work: 35 hrs/week
Work location: Head Office
Division: Human Resources
With more than 60 years of experience, Toronto and Region Conservation Authority (TRCA) is one of 36 Conservation Authorities in Ontario, created to safeguard and enhance the health and well-being of watershed communities through the protection and restoration of the natural environment and the ecological services the environment provides.
TRCA works to protect the integrity and health of the rivers and creeks in the jurisdiction, develop a system of green and natural spaces that sustains local ecosystems, and advance sustainable practices that improve people’s lives within our growing region.
How you will contribute as part of the TRCA team:
- Support HRBP’s and hiring managers to draft and post job ads; reference checks; and offer letter preparation.
- Maintain the new hire orientation program; conduct orientation/onboarding for new employees.
- Conducts benefits on-boarding at time of hire for full-time staff and when eligibility requirements have been met for all other staff; explains benefits package; provides answers and follow-up to inquiries; maintains confidentiality with employee personal information.
- Ensure the timely collection of interview files (resumes, interview questions, interview notes) from the hiring manager and arrange for filing within the guidelines of the HR retention schedule.
- Corporate and Divisional Organizational Charts; update and maintain on a regular basis ensuring accuracy and consistency with approved titles and job evaluation/compensation; flag inconsistencies with Supervisor/Manager.
- Provides assistance with various HR programs (i.e. Performance Management Program, Employee Recognition Program, Take Your Kids To Work Day, etc.).
- Schedule meetings, interviews, HR events and maintain agendas.
- Provide administrative support to the HR team by filing documents, processing invoices, organizing digital records, etc.
What will you need to succeed:
- Three (3) year university degree and a Human Resources Management Certificate or Bachelor of Human Resources.
- Three (3) years’ experience in a Human Resources generalist role, including but not limited to the major responsibilities listed above.
- Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) designation or in progress an asset.
- Experience with Ceridian Dayforce an asset.
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License.
- Working knowledge of employment related legislation including, but not limited to Employment Standards Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations, Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, Ontario Human Rights Code, AODA.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to identify priorities and work on a number of concurrent projects.
- Ability to provide practical advice, interpret policies and procedures and make appropriate recommendations and decisions.
- Strong planning, research and organizational skills with the ability multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Good judgement and discretion in the frequent handling of highly confidential and sensitive information and issues.
- Team player with demonstrated customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent knowledge and skills in Microsoft Office.
What TRCA has to offer you:
As part of a progressive team you will have the opportunity to make a positive impact to preserving and protecting nature, while maintaining a balance between the natural environment and built environment. Working with experts within our field, you will join a team of colleagues that are committed to TRCA’s core values of integrity, collaboration, accountability, respect, and excellence (icare).
You will be part of a diverse and inclusive organization that:
- Makes a positive difference in the communities we serve.
- Fosters high performance and collaborative teams.
- Provides continuous learning and development opportunities.
- Offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits program (including Defined Benefit Pension Plan – OMERS/OTPP).
- Provides unique TRCA Perks.
- Provides flexible work arrangements.
- Offers potential for career growth and advancement.
To apply to this posting, click on the “Apply” icon. Please submit your resume and cover letter quoting the job posting ID TRCA-205-22 prior to midnight on May 17, 2022.
All new hires are required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 as a precondition to being hired by TRCA. TRCA will comply with its obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code and any other applicable legislation.
While the Toronto and Region Conservation Authority (TRCA) thanks all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration will be contacted for interviews. Please be advised that successful incumbent(s) may be required to undergo a vulnerable sector screening and/or driver’s abstract check as a part of the final step in the hiring process.
TRCA is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and TRCA Policies, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to the TRCA. We welcome applications from all qualified persons.
Personal information you provide through the TRCA recruitment, selection and onboarding process is collected under the authority of the Conservation Authorities Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. C.27. Collection of this personal information is necessary for the proper administration of this recruitment process for employment and volunteer positions with TRCA. Personal information is protected from disclosure pursuant to the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Any questions regarding this collection activity should be directed to the Supervisor of Records, 101 Exchange Avenue, Vaughan, Ontario, L4K 5R6, (416) 661-6600 extension 5216.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Temporary Contract
- Min Hiring Rate $36.37
- Max Hiring Rate $39.43
- Travel Required No
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Head Office, 101 Exchange Avenue, Concord, Ontario, Canada