Visitor Experience Ambassador, Petticoat Creek CA
With more than 60 years of experience, Toronto and Region Conservation Authority (TRCA) is one of 36 Conservation Authorities in Ontario, created to safeguard and enhance the health and well-being of watershed communities through the protection and restoration of the natural environment and the ecological services the environment provides.
TRCA works to protect the integrity and health of the rivers and creeks in the jurisdiction, develop a system of green and natural spaces that sustains local ecosystems, and advance sustainable practices that improve people’s lives within our growing region.
How you will contribute as part of the TRCA team:
The Visitor Experience Ambassador is responsible for delivering exceptional customer service to all guests of TRCA sites and facilities, by greeting guests, answering general inquiries both in person and by phone, providing site or facility directions and program information. The Visitor Experience Ambassador is also responsible for site admissions and transactions, gift shop sales assistance and transactions using point of sale systems.
Perform the following tasks under general supervision:
- Greet and engage with visitors to TRCA sites and facilities.
- Provide visitors with site and facility directions and program information both in person and by phone.
- Maintain a current knowledge of site and facility programs and programs at other facilities as required to ensure effective visitor experience when addressing inquiries.
- Process admissions, gift shop sales, snack bar (dependent on location) payments and transactions using point of sale systems. Including counting floats and summation of daily sales.
- Assist with coordinator and booking of events.
- Conduct periodic product counts/inventory as directed.
- Cleaning of buildings, washrooms, work areas and other facility amenities.
- Where applicable, stock the shelves where product purchase is available, ensuring products are ‘fresh’ and labelled with bar codes and priced according to direction.
- Provide administrative support for TRCA programs when required.
Provide general clerical support and duties as required.
What will you need to succeed:
- Completion of Ontario Secondary School Diploma is considered an asset.
- Active and current First Aid and CPR certificate is considered an asset (may be requirement depending on location).
- Previous experience working or volunteering in a customer service capacity.
- Previous experience with the operation of Point-of-Sale system and cash/credit card sales is considered an asset.
- Computer literacy utilizing Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Sound numeracy skills to perform basis calculations.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Must be flexible to work all required shifts, including weekends and holidays.
What TRCA has to offer you:
As part of a progressive team you will have the opportunity to make a positive impact to preserving and protecting nature, while maintaining a balance between the natural environment and built environment. Working with experts within our field, you will join a team of colleagues that are committed to TRCA’s core values of integrity, collaboration, accountability, respect, and excellence (icare).
You will be part of a diverse and inclusive organization that:
- Makes a positive difference in the communities we serve.
- Fosters high performance and collaborative teams.
- Provides continuous learning and development opportunities.
- Provides unique TRCA Perks.
- Provides flexible work arrangements.
- Offers potential for career growth and advancement.
Employment Type: Seasonal
Duration of Employment: 5 Months
Hours of Work: 35hrs/week
Work Location: Petticoat Creek CA
Division: Conservation Parks and LandsBusiness Unit: Conservation Parks
To apply to this posting, click on the “Apply” icon. Please submit your resume and cover letter quoting job posting TRCA-070-22 prior to midnight on July 1, 2022.
All new hires are required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 as a precondition to being hired by TRCA. TRCA will comply with its obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code and any other applicable legislation.
While the Toronto and Region Conservation Authority (TRCA) thanks all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration will be contacted for interviews. Please be advised that successful incumbent(s) may be required to undergo a vulnerable sector screening and/or driver’s abstract check as a part of the final step in the hiring process.
TRCA is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and TRCA Policies, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to the TRCA. We welcome applications from all qualified persons.
Personal information you provide through the TRCA recruitment, selection and onboarding process is collected under the authority of the Conservation Authorities Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. C.27. Collection of this personal information is necessary for the proper administration of this recruitment process for employment and volunteer positions with TRCA. Personal information is protected from disclosure pursuant to the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Any questions regarding this collection activity should be directed to the Supervisor of Records, 101 Exchange Avenue, Vaughan, Ontario, L4K 5R6, (416) 661-6600 extension 5216.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- Min Hiring Rate $15.68
- Max Hiring Rate $17.00
- Travel Required No
- Required Education High School
- Petticoat Creek, 1100 Whites Road, Pickering, Ontario, Canada