Senior Analyst, Strategic Business Planning & Performance
Current rate of pay: Min = $81,943, Max = $88,840
Effective April 1, 2022 rate of pay: Min = $83,582, Max = $90,617
Employment type: Full-Time
Duration of employment: Permanent
Hours of work: 35hrs/week
Work location: Head Office – 101 Exchange Avenue, Vaughan, ON, L4K 5R6
Division: Corporate Services
Business unit: Strategic Business Planning & Performance (SBPP)
Travel: Occasional (5-10% of the time to other TRCA sites)
With more than 60 years of experience, Toronto and Region Conservation Authority (TRCA) is one of 36 Conservation Authorities in Ontario, created to safeguard and enhance the health and well-being of watershed communities through the protection and restoration of the natural environment and the ecological services the environment provides.
TRCA works to protect the integrity and health of the rivers and creeks in the jurisdiction, develop a system of green and natural spaces that sustains local ecosystems, and advance sustainable practices that improve people’s lives within our growing region.
Strategic Business Planning, Development, Modelling and Performance
- Supports the implementation of the corporate strategic plan with emphasis on successful integration with divisional plans and budget process
- Be a resource for the organization in the area of strategic planning and performance measurement, reporting and data analysis.
- Ensures alignment of corporate efforts to TRCA’s and our municipality’s Strategic Plan through strategic planning, performance management and change management methodologies.
- Provides expertise and leadership in the consultation and development of performance measurement models using a theory of change approach to draw alignments between activities, outputs and desired outcomes at both the divisional and strategic level.
- Lead the development and implementation of corporate and external performance measurement frameworks, policies, processes, and dashboards to enable successful organizational performance measurement
- Prepares various policies and procedures related to divisional responsibilities and ensures continued compliance through the coordination of the procedures workflow with the appropriate staff including SLT and the Board of Directors.
Communication & Engagement
- Facilitates and leads consultation activities and builds positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders in order to gain support and endorsement for various corporate initiatives, opportunities and additional support.
- Prepares and delivers information in the form of reports and presentations for the Toronto and Region Conservation Authority Board, municipal council meetings and senior management.
- Develops and provides corporate communications, information and recommendations to TRCA senior staff related to business development, key initiatives, budget performance, programs and deliverables;
- Support the Manager in the development, prioritization and management of multi-year corporate budget forecasts aligning to strategic goals.
- In partnership with the Manager, develops effective plans and approaches to address current and future financial realities to ensure overall financial accountability and integrity.
What will you need to succeed:
- Four (4) year undergraduate degree in Business Administration, Communications or related field
- PMP Certification
- Four to five (4-5) years of progressive experience related to major responsibilities of this role
- Strong knowledge in corporate communications, business planning and strategic management with public sector and not-for-profit organizations
- Strong knowledge and understanding to provide guidance related to strategic, business and operational planning
- Extensive experience in developing performance metrics for environmental program objectives and internal and external business operations
- Excellent interpersonal skills to be able to work with all orders of government, internal divisions, and stakeholders
- Excellent facilitation skills with sound knowledge of various facilitation techniques.
- Strong ability to coordinate multiple projects, manage timelines, and show superior attention to detail
- Ability to use judgement and conflict resolution to manage complex situations
- Ability to think both critically and strategically
- Demonstrated ability to influence without direct authority
- Excellent presentation, written, and verbal communication skills
What TRCA has to offer you:
As part of a progressive team you will have the opportunity to make a positive impact to preserving and protecting nature, while maintaining a balance between the natural environment and built environment. Working with experts within our field, you will join a team of colleagues that are committed to TRCA’s core values of integrity, collaboration, accountability, respect, and excellence (icare).
You will be part of a diverse and inclusive organization that:
- Makes a positive difference in the communities we serve.
- Fosters high performance and collaborative teams.
- Provides continuous learning and development opportunities.
- Offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits program (including Defined Benefit Pension Plan – OMERS/OTPP).
- Provides unique TRCA Perks.
- Provides flexible work arrangements.
- Offers potential for career growth and advancement.
To apply to this posting, click the "Apply" icon. Please submit your resume and cover letter quoting the stated job posting id prior to posting deadline.
All new hires are required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 as a precondition to being hired by TRCA. TRCA will comply with its obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code and any other applicable legislation.
While Toronto and Region Conservation Authority (TRCA) thanks all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration will be contacted for interviews. Please be advised successful incumbent(s) may be required to undergo a vulnerable sector screening and/or driver's abstract check as a part of the final step in the hiring process.
TRCA is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and TRCA Policies, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to TRCA. We welcome applications from all qualified persons. Personal information you provide through the TRCA recruitment, selection and onboarding process in collected under the authority of the Conservation Authorities Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. C.27. Collection of this personal information is necessary for the proper administration of this recruitment process for employment and volunteer positions with TRCA. Personal information is protected from disclosure pursuant to the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Any questions regarding this collection activity should be directed to the Supervisor of Records, 101 Exchange Avenue, Vaughan. Ontario, L4K 5R6, (416) 661-6600 extension 5216.
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Permanent Full-Time
- Min Hiring Rate $81,943.00
- Max Hiring Rate $88,840.00
- Travel Required Yes
- Travel % 10
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- 101 Exchange Ave, Vaughan, ON L4K 5R6, Canada