Grounds & Facility Support Representative
Current Rate of Pay: Min = $15.99 /hr, Max = $17.34 /hr
Employment type: Full Time temporary Contract
Duration of employment: 2 months
Hours of work: 35hrs/week
Work location: Bruce’s Mill
Division: Conservation Parks and Lands
Business unit: Conservation Parks
Remote Work: None
With more than 60 years of experience, Toronto and Region Conservation Authority (TRCA) is one of 36 Conservation Authorities in Ontario, created to safeguard and enhance the health and well-being of watershed communities through the protection and restoration of the natural environment and the ecological services the environment provides.
TRCA works to protect the integrity and health of the rivers and creeks in the jurisdiction, develop a system of green and natural spaces that sustains local ecosystems, and advance sustainable practices that improve people’s lives within our growing region
How you will contribute as part of the TRCA team:
- Active participation in all aspects of Park Grounds and/or Golf Course maintenance
- Cleaning of buildings and facilities including washrooms
- Conduct other basic facility maintenance tasks as required
- Perform general customer service duties in support of providing an excellent customer service experience for all TRCA patrons.
What will you need to succeed:
- Ability to work day shifts Monday - Friday
- Flexibility to work some weekends and holidays
- Flexibility to report to multiple work locations if/when required
- Valid Ontario Drivers license
- Active and current First Aid and CPR certificate an asset
What TRCA has to offer you:
As part of a progressive team, you will have the opportunity to make a positive impact to preserving and protecting nature, while maintaining a balance between the natural environment and built environment. Collaborating with experts within our field, you will join a team of colleagues that are committed to TRCA’s core values of integrity, collaboration, accountability, respect, and excellence (icare).
You will be part of a diverse and inclusive organization that:
- Makes a positive difference in the communities we serve.
- Fosters high performance and collaborative teams.
- Provides continuous learning and development opportunities.
- Offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits program (including Defined Benefit Pension Plan – OMERS/OTPP).
- Pregnancy & Parental Leave Top-Up Program.
- Provides unique TRCA Perks.
- Provides flexible work arrangements.
- Offers potential for career growth and advancement.
To apply to this posting, click on the “Apply” icon. Please submit your resume and cover letter prior to midnight on August 18, 2022.
All new hires are required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 as a precondition to being hired by TRCA. TRCA will comply with its obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code and any other applicable legislation.
While the Toronto and Region Conservation Authority (TRCA) thanks all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration will be contacted for interviews. Please be advised that successful incumbent(s) may be required to undergo a vulnerable sector screening and/or driver’s abstract check as a part of the last step in the hiring process.
TRCA is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and TRCA Policies, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to the TRCA. We welcome applications from all qualified persons.
Personal information you provide through the TRCA recruitment, selection and onboarding process is collected under the authority of the Conservation Authorities Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. C.27. Collection of this personal information is necessary for the proper administration of this recruitment process for employment and volunteer positions with TRCA. Personal information is protected from disclosure pursuant to the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Any questions regarding this collection activity should be directed to the Supervisor of Records, 101 Exchange Avenue, Vaughan, Ontario, L4K 5R6, (416) 661-6600 extension 5216.
- Employment Indicator Temporary Contract
- Min Hiring Rate $15.99
- Travel Required Yes
- Travel % 5
- Required Education High School
- Bruce's Mill, 3291 Stouffville Road, Whitchurch-Stouffville, Ontario, Canada