Current Rate of Pay: (Band 7) Min = $67,509, Max = $73,191 per annum
Employment type: Full time Contract
Duration of employment: One year
Hours of work: 35 hrs/week
Work location: Head Office – 101 Exchange Ave
Division: Development and Engineering Services
Business unit: Engineering Services
Remote Work: Hybrid
With more than 60 years of experience, Toronto and Region Conservation Authority (TRCA) is one of 36 Conservation Authorities in Ontario, created to safeguard and enhance the health and well-being of watershed communities through the protection and restoration of the natural environment and the ecological services the environment provides.
TRCA works to protect the integrity and health of the rivers and creeks in the jurisdiction, develop a system of green and natural spaces that sustains local ecosystems, and advance sustainable practices that improve people’s lives within our growing region.
How you will contribute as part of the TRCA team:
- Provide clear, concise technical advice, in accordance with prescribed delivery standards, to development and environmental assessment planners to ensure compliance with the Authority’s programs, policies and regulation requirements.
- Respond to comments made by proponents to ensure timely resolution of technical issues.
- Provide hydrogeological advice for dam safety assessments.
- Work collaboratively with internal staff including planners, ecologists, water resource engineers and geotechnical engineers to ensure coordination of technical comments.
- Provide support to planners during site visits and meetings so that technical guidance provided to proponents and their consultants is in keeping with the Authority's programs, policies and regulation requirements.
- Provide hydrogeological advice to other divisions of TRCA with respect to potable water management, collection of soil and water samples, and assessment of hydrogeologic issues on restoration projects.
- Maintain current knowledge of ecosystem sciences, environmental policies, legislation, construction techniques and mitigation measures.
- Participate in TRCA program development and other strategic initiatives.
What will you need to succeed:
- 4-year program (B.Sc.) in Earth Science or Environmental Science, B.A.Sc. (Geological Engineering, Environmental Engineering)
- Professional membership in good standing with the Professional Geoscientists of Ontario (PGO) with a GIT (Geoscientist In Training) designation or professional membership in good standing with the Association of Professional Engineers of Ontario (APEO) with EIT (Engineer In Training) designation
- Minimum two years of experience in the planning and execution of hydrogeologic investigations.
- Valid Ontario Driver’s license
- Advanced Degree(s) in engineering or earth science
- Qualified Person (QPESA or QPRA) designation (per O. Reg. 153/04 under the Environmental Protection Act)
- Experience in applying Ontario’s environmental policies and guidelines including the PPS, Oak Ridges Moraine Conservation Plan, Green Belt Plan, and supporting technical manuals and guidelines.
What TRCA has to offer you:
As part of a progressive team, you will have the opportunity to make a positive impact to preserving and protecting nature, while maintaining a balance between the natural environment and built environment. Collaborating with experts within our field, you will join a team of colleagues that are committed to TRCA’s core values of integrity, collaboration, accountability, respect, and excellence (icare).
You will be part of a diverse and inclusive organization that:
- Makes a positive difference in the communities we serve.
- Fosters high performance and collaborative teams.
- Provides continuous learning and development opportunities.
- Offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits program (including Defined Benefit Pension Plan – OMERS/OTPP).
- Provides unique TRCA Perks.
- Provides flexible work arrangements.
- Offers potential for career growth and advancement.
To apply to this posting, click on the “Apply” icon. Please submit your resume and cover letter prior to midnight on July 31, 2022.
All new hires are required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 as a precondition to being hired by TRCA. TRCA will comply with its obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code and any other applicable legislation.
While the Toronto and Region Conservation Authority (TRCA) thanks all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration will be contacted for interviews. Please be advised that successful incumbent(s) may be required to undergo a vulnerable sector screening and/or driver’s abstract check as a part of the final step in the hiring process.
TRCA is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and TRCA Policies, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to the TRCA. We welcome applications from all qualified persons.
Personal information you provide through the TRCA recruitment, selection and onboarding process is collected under the authority of the Conservation Authorities Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. C.27. Collection of this personal information is necessary for the proper administration of this recruitment process for employment and volunteer positions with TRCA. Personal information is protected from disclosure pursuant to the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Any questions regarding this collection activity should be directed to the Supervisor of Records, 101 Exchange Avenue, Vaughan, Ontario, L4K 5R6, (416) 661-6600 extension 5216.
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Temporary Contract
- Min Hiring Rate $67,500.00
- Max Hiring Rate $73,191.00
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- 101 Exchange Ave, Vaughan, ON L4K 5R6, Canada