Production Supervisor - PTG - Plant Supervision
Established in 1979, Toro Aluminum has become a leader in the development and manufacturing of window walls and doors for high-rise condominiums, office buildings and hotels, across Canada, the United States, and Mexico.
Day Shift: Monday-Thursday 6:00a.m to 4:30p.m
- In charge of all production, personnel, quality and safety requirements on the shift.
- Provide leadership to all employees on the shift.
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and coordinate work activities of the plant.
- Build to schedule, at optimum equipment efficiencies for all production requirements.
- Ensure that Management is informed daily about quality, quantity, personnel, safety and any other issues that require immediate attention.
- Train and evaluate employees in job duties, safety procedures and company policies.
- Investigate and deal with personnel issues. Administer progressive disciplinary action when necessary.
- Maintain a safe working environment and ensure all safety rules are followed.
- Perform troubleshooting of machines and related equipment.
- Resolve production errors and disputes.
- Requisition or request materials and supplies.
- Prepare production and other reports where required.
- Attend and contribute to production meetings.
- Assist maintenance from an administrative and technical perspective. Interact with maintenance to facilitate effective P.M. execution and timely crisis repairs.
- Undertake projects as assigned by the Production Manager to improve plant processes (e.g. implementation of lean manufacturing practices).
- Maintain professional behaviour in all dealings with employees, colleagues and other departments.
- Available to start early and/or stay late to cross over with other shifts
- Perform other duties as required.
As the Production Supervisor, you will play a key role in modelling and recognizing our core values. You will strive to demonstrate the Toro Company Values and hold our Site team accountable to behave in accordance with them every day through both words and actions.
- Do what you say – act with integrity so our customers and project teams trust us to deliver results
- Get it done – find solutions to ensure the job gets done right
- Be better every day – take pride and be passionate about improving our business, safety, and quality and strive to be the best
- Think big picture – think long-term, be strategic and have a vision. Your investment in our business, is critical to our success.
- Build strong relationships – value our employees, suppliers, and advisors as an essential part of our business. Develop and maintain strong relationships with our customers, contractors and stakeholders.
- 3-5 years of experience as a Production Supervisor in a manufacturing environment
- University degree or college diploma in Operations Management or similar field.
- Demonstrate strong leadership, problem solving, coaching, technical skills and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess good verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in quality and process improvements in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong analytical ability and detail orientation.
- Experience in dealing with personnel issues including discipline, investigations and health/safety compliance.
- Ability to influence others and effectively work in a team.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel.
- Responsible and capable of manufacturing an initial part and comparing initial parts to quality samples.
- Pay Type Salary
- 360 Applewood Crescent, Concord, ON L4K 4V2, Canada