Senior Event Sales Coordinator (Marketing)
The Globe and Mail is a national icon and Canada’s most recognized media brand.
We’re also an international award winner for data visualization, design, and creative storytelling. A digital innovator with a global client list for our in-house AI-powered optimization, prediction and automation platform. And a place where Canadians come for the best journalism in the country.
We aim to reflect Canada in the stories we tell and in our workforce. The Globe is a proud partner of Pride At Work, Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion, and a signatory of the BlackNorth Initiative. We understand our staff have lives outside of the office and offer flexible work arrangements and support programs. We also provide training and mentorships to staff to ensure you’re able to grow and challenge yourself and your abilities.
No matter what your role at The Globe, you’ll be part of an organization dedicated to making a difference to Canada.
The Senior Event Sales Coordinator is a crucial member of The Globe and Mail events team, responsible for optimizing the client experience from event sale through to post-event reporting.
This role sits within the events team, reporting to the Senior Director Consumer Marketing in revenue. It requires a proactive self-starter who prides themselves on their ability to organize people and projects to ensure the successful delivery of live, virtual and hybrid events, and an excellent client experience throughout.
The successful candidate will work collaboratively with the Head of Event Content and Event Sales Reps to deliver premium customer service for event sponsors. They possess excellent communication skills and an ability to influence key stakeholders. In addition, they are an administrative pro, able to efficiently organize information and people, and juggle multiple priorities in a fluid and fast-paced environment.
- Act as a single point of access for assigned clients, proactively managing their event needs and liaising with internal and external stakeholders to seek answers
- Manage contracts, workback schedules, creative approvals; pre-event content calls and tech checks and post-event reports
- Improve internal workflows and increase speed to market by ensuring the timely delivery and management of event assets, including signed contracts and speaker and sponsor assets
- Participate in weekly event team meetings, contributing to status reports
- Assist with pre-event planning, sales decks and event ideation
- Assist with onsite event execution and/or other event tasks as needed
- Degree or diploma in event marketing, commerce or sales
- 4 years managing customer relationships
- Broad knowledge of event planning and client services
SALARY: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
All offers of employment with The Globe and Mail are conditional upon the candidate being Fully Vaccinated. To be Fully Vaccinated is defined as someone who has received the full series of a vaccine or a combination of vaccines accepted by the Government of Canada (currently Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca, Janssen) and has received the last dose at least 14 days prior to their start date. To prove they are Fully Vaccinated, all new hires will be required to provide evidence by emailing a copy of their vaccine dose administration receipt(s) to Human Resources prior to their start date. Those seeking exemption based on one or more of the protected grounds in the Human Rights Code will need to provide their request for accommodation to Human Resources for approval. If the accommodation request is not approved and the candidate is not Fully Vaccinated, any offer of employment will be revoked.
- Marketing, 351 King Street East,Suite 1600, Toronto, Ontario, Canada