Supervisor | Mechanical Assembly | Heavy Equipment Manufacturing
The Supervisor is responsible for coordinating the daily activities to meet production goals safely and without defects in a heavy forestry equipment assembly setting.
Day Shift - 6:30am - 3pm - Monday - Friday
Interested in joining the dynamic Tigercat Team? Learn more about our role below!
Tigercat Industries is a proud, privately owned Canadian company since 1992. We specialize in the design and manufacture of premium quality forestry and off-road industrial equipment. Our valued employees are the roots of our success! We have multiple locations in Southwestern Ontario, and approximately 2000+ employees.
Having training and experience are key, but at Tigercat Industries, we believe that it’s what you DO with what you have that counts. Our people are empowered to put their training, experience, and expertise into action.
View our product line-up here and check out our machines in action on Tigercat TV!
Responsibilities may include:
- Lead team through change and continuous improvement
- Proactively lead the team to achieve all safety, quality and productivity objectives
- Demonstrate and ensure compliance with health and safety policies
- Respond to quality issues, determine root causes and implement solutions
- Coach, support, motivate, and recognize employees in their work
- Active engagement and supervisor with on-floor presence, dealing with personnel issues and/or bringing up any significant issues to the immediate attention of Management and HR
- Assist in the recruitment and onboarding of new employees
- Conduct regular Performance Reviews and implement Performance Improvement Plans
- Assist in proper documentation of Disability Claims, WSIB Claims, Return to Work Plans, etc.
- Involvement and leadership in Lean Manufacturing and Quality Improvement initiatives
Skills and Experience:
- Previous supervisory and leadership experience
- Previous fabrication, assembly or mechanical experience
- Understanding of health and safety legislation
- Ability to lead and motivate a team of employees
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to take on a leadership role
- High level of prioritizing, job / task planning and organizing abilities
- Must be adaptable to a changing work environment, competing demands and able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Excel
- Good organizational and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to troubleshoot and effectively and efficiently
- Knowledge of LEAN manufacturing as asset
What We Can Offer You:
- Progressive health and safety program
- Interesting and challenging work and projects
- Opportunity to see and be involved with our products from start to finish
- Competitive Wages and Profit Sharing
- RRSP Matching Program
- Skills development and training reimbursement
- Family oriented (BBQ’s, picnics as well as social and sporting events)
- Company paid healthcare benefits and Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP)
Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
We thank you for your application!
Tigercat Industries strives to create a respectful, accessible, and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview, or selection processes, please contact Human Resources for assistance.
- Job Family General Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Regular
- Job Start Date Monday, October 24, 2022
- 160 Consolidated Drive, Paris, Ontario, Canada