Embedded Systems Software Developer
Tigercat Industries Inc. is seeking an Embedded Systems Software Developer to join our Control Systems research and development team. We are open to experienced developers and recent grads. The successful candidate will develop, test and deploy embedded software crucial for the operation of on-board forestry machine control systems used by hundreds of customers worldwide. Work closely with embedded system architect and software developers while interacting with mechanical engineers, service experts, manufacturing team and Q/A professionals. Their software development talent and passion for embedded systems will drive the next generation of Tigercat’s control systems.
Day Shift - 5 x shifts - Monday to Friday
Interested in joining the dynamic Tigercat Team? Learn more about our role below!
Tigercat Industries is a proud, privately owned Canadian company since 1992. We specialize in the design and manufacture of premium quality forestry and off-road industrial equipment. Our valued employees are the roots of our success! We have multiple locations in Southwestern Ontario, and approximately 2000+ employees.
Having training and experience are key, but at Tigercat Industries, we believe that it’s what you DO with what you have that counts. Our people are empowered to put their training, experience, and expertise into action.
View our product line-up here and check out our machines in action on Tigercat TV!
Responsibilities may include:
- Design, program, test, maintain and document embedded firmware and applications for machine control systems.
- Member of engineering team responsible for research and development of new embedded control systems, instrumentation and displays.
Skills and Experience:
- Degree in Computer or Mechatronics Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent.
- Proven experience with embedded firmware programming and real-time systems.
- Skilled at programming C/C++ embedded firmware and applications.
- Prior experience with source code revision and software development life cycles.
- Desirable knowledge and/or experience: control system theory, functional safety, , diesel engine control, Linux OS build & development, ARM processors, basic electronic troubleshooting, CAN/J1939 protocol.
- Hands-on, creative, passionate engineer willing to take on challenging technical tasks and occasionally research new ideas to get a project completed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Previous experience in heavy forestry equipment/machines is not required.
What We Can Offer You:
- Progressive health and safety program
- Interesting and challenging work and projects
- Opportunity to see and be involved with our products from start to finish
- Competitive Wages and Profit Sharing
- RRSP Matching Program
- Skills development and training reimbursement
- Family oriented (BBQ’s, picnics as well as social and sporting events)
- Company paid healthcare benefits and Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP)
Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
We thank you for your application!
Tigercat Industries strives to create a respectful, accessible, and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview, or selection processes, please contact Human Resources for assistance.
- Job Family Engineering
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Regular
- Job Start Date Monday, October 24, 2022
- 40 Consolidated Drive, Paris, Ontario, Canada