Brake Press Operator | Days | Heavy Equipment Manufacturing
Day Shift - 5x8 hour shifts - Monday - Friday
Interested in joining the dynamic Tigercat Team? Learn more about our role below!
Tigercat Industries is a proud, privately owned Canadian company since 1992. We specialize in the design and manufacture of premium quality forestry and off-road industrial equipment. Our valued employees are the roots of our success! We have multiple locations in Southwestern Ontario, and approximately 2000+ employees.
Having training and experience are key, but at Tigercat Industries, we believe that it’s what you DO with what you have that counts. Our people are empowered to put their training, experience, and expertise into action.
View our product line-up here and check out our machines in action on Tigercat TV!
Responsibilities may include:
- Produce parts by forming various and thicknesses of materials, using a CNC press brake to make precision bends
- Must be able to read blueprints and interpret specifications or follow verbal instructions
- Set up press brakes to produce quality parts, and maintain presses daily to keep clean and working well
- Ensure parts are defect-free, checking products for correct shapes, dimensions and other specifications
- Use to load finished parts for the next step in production
- Lay out, set up and operate one or more light or heavy metalworking machines such as shears, power presses, saws, plate rolls, drills, brakes, slitters, punch presses, computer numerically controlled (CNC) equipment, and other hand tools to cut, bend, roll, ream, punch and drill, weld or otherwise shape and form metal stock into parts or products
- Use various measuring instruments Vernier, protractor, measuring tape, micrometer
- Able to identify and create the bending sequences needed in forming the parts
Skills and Experience:
- Strong knowledge of -out process
- Ability to read tape measure / protractor and other measuring tools
- Computer literacy
- Strong mathematical aptitude
- Ability to troubleshoot and effectively and efficiently
- Mechanical and technical skills
What We Can Offer You:
- Progressive health and safety program
- Interesting and challenging work and projects
- Opportunity to see and be involved with our products from start to finish
- Competitive Wages and Profit Sharing
- RRSP Matching Program
- Skills development and training reimbursement
- Family oriented (BBQ’s, picnics as well as social and sporting events)
- Company paid healthcare benefits and Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP)
Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
We thank you for your application!
Tigercat Industries strives to create a respectful, accessible, and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview, or selection processes, please contact Human Resources for assistance.
- Job Family Production
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Regular
- Job Start Date Monday, October 17, 2022
- 54 Morton Avenue East, 54 Morton Avenue East, Brantford, Ontario, Canada