Industrial Painter - Heavy Equipment Fabrication - Day Shift
As an Industrial Painter, you will be responsible for the preparation and maintenance of paint coating and spray booth equipment and systems as well as performing the cleaning, masking, and painting machine parts.
Day shift: 5 x 8 hour shifts; Monday to Friday
Interested in joining the dynamic Tigercat Team? Learn more about our role below!
Tigercat Industries is a proud, privately owned Canadian company since 1992. We specialize in the design and manufacture of premium quality forestry and off-road industrial equipment. Our valued employees are the roots of our success! We have multiple locations in Southwestern Ontario, and approximately 2000+ employees.
Having training and experience are key, but at Tigercat Industries, we believe that it’s what you DO with what you have that counts. Our people are empowered to put their training, experience, and expertise into action.
View our product line-up hereand check out our machines in action on Tigercat TV!
Responsibilities may include:
- Use of spray equipment to apply paint and other materials
- Clean and prep surfaces using such processes as sanding, scraping and grinding
- Remove grease, dirt, paint, or rust in preparation for paint application, using abrasives, solvents, or sandblasters
- Pour paint into spray guns and adjust nozzles and paint mixes for proper paint flow and coating thickness
- Monitor and identify flaws, such as blisters or streaks, and correct the cause
- Sand surfaces between coats of paint or primer to remove flaws and enhance adhesion for subsequent coats
- Disassemble, clean, and reassemble sprayers and power equipment, using solvents, wire brushes, and cloths for cleaning duties
- Ensure all
- Maintain paint booth and associated equipment to ensure proper working
- Ensure all Health and Safety procedures are followed
- Previous painting experience required
Skills and Experience:
- Previous industrial painting/coating experience is ideal
- Previous industrial or automotive painting or coating experience will be considered
- Metal finishing – blasting, grinding, sanding experience is an asset
- Positive attitude, respectful and friendly communication, and a team player
- Excellent attention to detail
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Understanding of safety standards in the performance of painting duties
- Proficient with paint system and booth maintenance procedures
- Must be able to operate lifting devices for movement of parts
- Must possess basic math skills
What We Can Offer You:
- Progressive health and safety program
- Interesting and challenging work and projects
- Opportunity to see and be involved with our products from start to finish
- Competitive Wages and Profit Sharing
- RRSP Matching Program
- Skills development and training reimbursement
- Family oriented (BBQ’s, picnics as well as social and sporting events)
- Company paid healthcare benefits and Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP)
Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
We thank you for your application!
Tigercat Industries strives to create a respectful, accessible, and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview, or selection processes, please contact Human Resources for assistance.
- Job Family Production
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Regular
- Job Start Date Tuesday, July 12, 2022
- 1403 Dundas Street, Woodstock, Ontario, Canada