Industrial Health & Safety Specialist
The successful candidate will work with the health and safety team to develop and implement programs and strategies to ensure that the highest safety standards are in place. The successful candidate will be involved in all stages of Health & Safety, from assessing the current situation, identifying opportunities for improvement, creating programs and implementing solutions across 11 facilities.
This role is critical to the success of our Health & Safety program. The Health & Safety Specialist must be a self-starter, working with diverse teams and participating in JHSC meetings to earn trust and buy-in while engaging with employees.
Interested in joining the dynamic Tigercat Team? Learn more about our role below!
Tigercat Industries is a proud, privately owned Canadian company since 1992. We specialize in the design and manufacture of premium quality forestry and off-road industrial equipment. Our valued employees are the roots of our success! We have multiple locations in Southwestern Ontario, and approximately 2000+ employees.
Having training and experience are key, but at Tigercat Industries, we believe that it’s what you DO with what you have that counts. Our people are empowered to put their training, experience, and expertise into action.
View our product line-up here and check out our machines in action on Tigercat TV!
Responsibilities may include:
- Design, develop, maintain and deliver in- e-learning training programs. Coordinate with external providers when need is identified.
- Provide in-house training when required such as working at Heights, Confined Space Entry and Awareness, Overhead Crane Operator Training, Hoisting and Rigging, Ladder Safety, Propane Handling, Heaters & Torches Training, Spill Containment, Fire Extinguisher Training, etc.
- Conduct training needs analyses as required and proactively maintain training matrices for all departments, ensuring all compulsory compliance needs are met.
- Develop and review policies and procedures ensuring all health and safety measures are met and continuously improved
- Review all health and safety reports analyzing compiled data to determine areas of improvement
- Support projects aimed at integrating health and safety activities into production efforts
- Support investigation and reporting of health and safety incidents and hazard assessments
- Maintain a strong knowledge of legislative changes that are upcoming to pro-actively begin implementing and developing procedures
- Work with Human Resources to review workplace accommodations and return to work programs including completing ergonomic assessments as required
- Keep up to date on machine or equipment changes ensuring that safety precautions are being considered
- Research occupational safety information to the best available methods and equipment are adopted to minimize the hazards in the workplace
Skills and Experience:
- Post-secondary education in Occupational Health and Safety or related field
- CRSP Designation or equivalent an asset
- WSIB Core Certification
- 3 + years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- Proficient in MS 365 including Outlook, Word and Excel
- Must be extremely organized and a self-starter; able to work with limited supervision and a high level of initiative and resourcefulness
- Strong interpersonal and trouble-shooting skills
- Must excel at coping with conflicting priorities and deadlines
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) and a professional and pleasant attitude
- Must be a highly motivated, team-oriented individual with an attention to detail
- Travel as necessary between facilities located in Cambridge, Kitchener, Woodstock, Paris and Brantford
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent teamwork and teambuilding skills
- Able to utilize the strengths of team members and provide opportunities for growth
- Ability to develop and conduct presentations at various levels within the organization
What We Can Offer You:
- Progressive health and safety program
- Interesting and challenging work and projects
- Opportunity to see and be involved with our products from start to finish
- Competitive Wages and Profit Sharing
- RRSP Matching Program
- Skills development and training reimbursement
- Family oriented (BBQ’s, picnics as well as social and sporting events)
- Company paid healthcare benefits and Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP)
Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
We thank you for your application!
Tigercat Industries strives to create a respectful, accessible, and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview, or selection processes, please contact Human Resources for assistance.
- Job Family Legal and Compliance
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Tuesday, July 19, 2022
- 200 Avenue Road, Cambridge, Ontario, Canada