Expeditor | Inventory Control
The successful candidate for this challenging position will possess superior communication, time management, and problem-solving abilities. They will be proactive and take the initiative to reduce part shortages while eliminating excess or redundant inventory. This person will work closely with others in various departments within the organization on inventory-related matters. This is a physically demanding job requiring constant movement and of standing
Day shift: 6:00am – 2:30pm; Monday to Friday
Interested in joining the dynamic Tigercat Team? Learn more about our role below!
Tigercat Industries is a proud, privately owned Canadian company since 1992. We specialize in the design and manufacture of premium quality forestry and off-road industrial equipment. Our valued employees are the roots of our success! We have multiple locations in Southwestern Ontario, and approximately 2000+ employees.
Having training and experience are key, but at Tigercat Industries, we believe that what you DO with what you have that counts. Our people are empowered to put their training, experience, and expertise into action.
View our product line-up here and check out our machines in action on Tigercat TV!
Responsibilities may include:
- Spend substantial amount of time in area of machine assembly line
- Communicate with managers and department supervisors to learn production schedules
- Monitor and requisition parts for production needs
- Analyze and maintain existing Kanban bins and create new ones as required
- Work towards reducing inventory to the most efficient levels possible without negatively affecting the required production flow
- Working with Purchasing and Vendors to expedite all part shortages
- Partnering with assigned suppliers to negotiate pricing when applicable
- Identify potential shortages or problems and address the issue to prevent production stoppage or .
- Implementing all changes relating to quantity changes to all scanned items and creating locations for all new parts
- Picking all parts that need to be transferred to other Tigercat locations
- Proactively special mods to ensure all parts are on hand or order prior to hitting the line
Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience working with parts in an industrial setting
- Knowledge in Lean initiatives for reducing inventory
- Experience reading blueprints, Bills of Materials
- Superior communication skills - speaking, listening, reading, writing as well as ability to negotiate effectively
- Strong interpersonal skills - ability to positively interact with co-workers, management and external contacts
- Robust computer skills - able to work with Excel, Word; experience working in Microsoft Dynamics AX or other inventory management programs with the ability to learn and work with other programs as needed
- Self-starter; able to work independently and ensure time is managed effectively to achieve all responsibilities
- Ability to problem-solve in a time sensitive environment
- Accuracy and attention to detail
What We Can Offer You:
- Progressive health and safety program
- Interesting and challenging work and projects
- Opportunity to see and be involved with our products from start to finish
- Competitive Wages and Profit Sharing
- RRSP Matching Program
- Skills development and training reimbursement
- Family oriented (BBQ’s, picnics as well as social and sporting events)
- Company paid healthcare benefits and Employee and Family Assistance Program ()
Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
We thank you for your application!
Tigercat Industries strives to create a respectful, accessible, and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview, or selection processes, please contact Human Resources for assistance.
- Job Family Inventory Control
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Tuesday, July 12, 2022
- 1556 Industrial Road, Cambridge, Ontario, Canada