Fall 2022 Engineering Co-op Students | Closed Requisition - Accepted Candidates Only
Tigercat Industries has aggressive plans for the creation of new equipment types and the continuing refinement of existing product lines. Support for this growth has created opportunities within our engineering group for Designers willing to accept challenges, work to deadlines and develop unique solutions to meet the needs of our industry. These opportunities exist in our facilities located in Cambridge, Kitchener and Paris, Ontario.
Tigercat Industries Inc. is a customer driven, employee focused company engaged in the design, manufacture, sales, and service support of a wide range of heavy duty, off-road, mechanized vehicles and attachments used in the tree harvesting industry.
We are a growing company with 2000+ employees across 11 plants located in southwestern Ontario. We have established a network of dealers throughout North & South America as well as Australia, Europe, New Zealand, Russia, and South Africa. To learn more about our company, visit our website at www.tigercat.com.
Having training and experience are key, but at Tigercat Industries, we believe that it’s what you DO with what you have that counts. Our people are empowered to put their training, experience, and expertise into action.
Responsibilities may include:
- Inspect, identify, diagnose, troubleshoot and repair assemblies, components, accessories and attachments
- Troubleshoot and diagnose hydraulic, electrical, mechanical and diesel system issues
- Complete final machine assembly, decking, and set pressures and speed settings
- Participate in quality and error reporting / monitoring
- Prepare and maintain quality control documentation generated through the various inspection activities
- Dynamic interpersonal skills with the ability to provide proactive and encouraging direction, feedback and mentorship to team members
- Adaptable to a changing work environment, competing demands and able to deal with frequent changes, delays or unexpected events
- Comprehensive understanding of schematics, drawings and specifications, geometric tolerances and dimensions
- Physical requirements include standing, climbing, kneeling and bending. Potential exposure to weather changes (hot, cold, wind, rain, etc.) when working outside
Skills and Experience:
- Experience with fluid power systems, engine systems, electrical and electronic systems as well as train systems.
- Preferred training such as: Heavy Duty Equipment Technician, Diesel Mechanic / Truck and Coach Technician, Heavy-Duty Equipment Mechanic, or Motive Power Technician
What We Can Offer You:
- Progressive health and safety program
- Interesting and challenging work and projects
- Opportunity to see and be involved with our products from start to finish
- Competitive Wages
- Family oriented (BBQ’s, picnics as well as social and sporting events)
- Company paid Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP)
Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
We thank you for your application!
Tigercat Industries strives to create a respectful, accessible, and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview, or selection processes, please contact Human Resources for assistance.
- Job Family Engineering
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Regular
- Job Start Date Tuesday, September 6, 2022
- Job End Date Friday, December 23, 2022
- 160 Consolidated Drive, Paris, Ontario, Canada