Mechanical Assembler | Machine Builder | Afternoon Shift 4x10s
As a Mechanical Assembler, you will fit and assemble components according to blueprints, manuals, and engineering memos to assemble premium quality, purpose-built forestry equipment.
Tigercat Industries is a proud, privately owned Canadian company since 1992. We specialize in the design and manufacture of premium quality forestry and off-road industrial equipment. Our valued employees are the roots of our success! We have multiple locations in Southwestern Ontario, and approximately 2000+ employees.
Having training and experience are key, but at Tigercat Industries, we believe that it’s what you DO with what you have that counts. Our people are empowered to put their training, experience, and expertise into action.
Interested in joining the dynamic Tigercat Team? Learn more about our role below!
Responsibilities may include:
- Assemble, fit and install prefabricated parts to form subassemblies
- Manually position or align components for assembly
- Fasten parts and finish products using both hand, air, and power tools
- Connect cables, tubes, and wiring components
- Position, align and adjust parts for proper fit and assembly
- Check subassemblies and inspect finished products for proper quality
- Check mechanical assemblies and subassemblies for alignment and proper function
- Test and check electrical assemblies and wiring for proper connections
- Complete rework, repair, and / or replace damaged parts or assemblies when required
- Read and interpret assembly blueprints
- Able to operate and use various hand and power tools
- Must be adaptable to a changing work environment, competing demands with the ability to deal with frequent changes, delays or unexpected events
- Strong organizational and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Proficient level of manual dexterity and hand / eye coordination
- Ability to bend, crouch, and kneel as well as the ability to reach within hand / arm length
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems effectively and efficiently
- Knowledge of production processes and quality standards
- Positive attitude through effective and friendly communication
- Progressive health and safety program
- Interesting and challenging work and projects
- Opportunity to see and be involved with our products from start to finish
- Competitive Wages and Profit Sharing
- RRSP Matching Program
- Skills development and training reimbursement
- Family oriented (BBQ’s, picnics as well as social and sporting events)
- Company paid healthcare benefits and Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP)
Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
We thank you for your application!
Tigercat Industries strives to create a respectful, accessible, and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview, or selection processes, please contact Human Resources for assistance.
- Job Family Production
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Monday, July 25, 2022
- 95 Washburn Drive, Kitchener, Ontario, Canada