Mechanical Assembly Trainer (In-House) | OEM Forestry Equipment Manufacturer
We are currently seeking a dynamic and competent individual for the position of Assembly Trainer to develop and implement a corporate training program for assemblers with a wide range of skills and abilities.
The Assembly Trainer will be responsible for ensuring planning and preparing instructional materials and resources; establishing and managing a positive learning environment; instructing and evaluating students; building and sustaining professional relationships with students, colleagues, community partners, and stakeholders; as well as other related duties.
Specific instructional areas and courses within the program may include, but are not limited to assembly techniques, power systems (theory and lab), thermodynamics, applied mechanics, rotating electrical machines, electro-technology, mathematics, schematic, and blueprint reading and other related subjects.
The successful candidate must have an ability to relate theoretical knowledge and practical applications through innovative delivery methods provide a meaningful learning environment for students of diverse backgrounds and ages. The ability to work as a part of a team and a demonstration of excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential.
Interested in joining the dynamic Tigercat Team? Learn more about our role below!
Tigercat Industries is a proud, privately owned Canadian company since 1992. We specialize in the design and manufacture of premium quality forestry and off-road industrial equipment. Our valued employees are the roots of our success! We have multiple locations in Southwestern Ontario, and approximately 2000+ employees.
Having training and experience are key, but at Tigercat Industries, we believe that it is what you DO with what you have that counts. Our people are empowered to put their training, experience, and expertise into action.
Responsibilities may include:
- Conduct a needs assessment and work closely with our Service, Manufacturing, Quality and Engineering Departments to gather relevant information and develop course curriculum
- Provide in-class and hands-on training at Tigercat Facilities in Brantford, Cambridge, Paris and Kitchener, Ontario
- Use a variety of teaching strategies most appropriate for learning objectives and outcomes
- Administer tests to evaluate achievement of students in technical knowledge and practical skills
- Supervise the development of skills, including the development of good work habits and job readiness skills
- Knowledgeable concerning any actual or potential danger to health and safety in the workplace and ensure a safe work environment, all students follow proper safety procedures and report any deficiencies
- Manage company performance expectations including the importance of accuracy, neatness, efficiency, resourcefulness, and good work habits
- Maintain confidentiality of the company, customers, and employee records
- Complete incident reports and reports accidents and/or injuries.
- Maintain partnerships and collaborative efforts with community and employment partners, including participation in job fairs, recruiting events, and other special events
- Undertake special projects and complete other duties as assigned
Skills and Experience:
- Post-Secondary diploma/degree or equivalent education and experience in a related field
- Possess mechanic or millwright license or similar education an asset
- Previous experience as a Technical Trainer an asset
- Good understanding of Hydraulic, Electrical, Mechanical and Diesel Systems
- Comprehensive understanding of drawings and specifications, geometric tolerances and dimensions
- Strong Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Must be tactful, have sound judgment and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively within a team as well as independently
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including conflict resolution, and people management skills
- Proficiency in computer skills to develop and facilitate classroom, online, and lab learning
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and e-mail required
- High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility, and adaptability
- Politically and culturally sensitive
What We Can Offer You:
- Progressive health and safety program
- Interesting and challenging work and projects
- Opportunity to see and be involved with our products from start to finish
- Competitive Wages and Profit Sharing
- RRSP Matching Program
- Skills development and training reimbursement
- Family oriented (BBQ’s, picnics as well as social and sporting events)
- Company paid healthcare benefits and Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP)
Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
We thank you for your application!
Tigercat Industries strives to create a respectful, accessible, and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview, or selection processes, please contact Human Resources for assistance.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required Yes
- Job Start Date Tuesday, June 14, 2022
- 63 Morton Avenue East, Brantford, Ontario, Canada