Control Systems Designer
Interested in joining the dynamic Tigercat Team? Learn more about our role below!
Tigercat Industries is a proud, privately owned Canadian company since 1992. We specialize in the design and manufacture of premium quality forestry and off-road industrial equipment. Our valued employees are the roots of our success! We have multiple locations in Southwestern Ontario, and approximately 2000+ employees.
Having training and experience are key, but at Tigercat Industries, we believe that it’s what you DO with what you have that counts. Our people are empowered to put their training, experience, and expertise into action.
Our Control systems designers focus on developing PLC programs for mobile forestry machines. The selected incumbent will be required to analyze, program, debug, and commission high-quality PLC programs.
A strong background in mechatronics will be needed to analyze and integrate of a variety of sensor technologies needed to control machine function. Experience and an interest in mobile equipment, diesel powered systems, CAN/Ethernet communications, HMI displays, or hydraulics will be a benefit. Strong communication and collaborative skills are required to work closely with other system designers, mechanical engineering and embedded systems software developers.
Responsibilities may include:
- Analyze, code, simulate, test, maintain, and document programmable logic control systems.
- Support mechanical designers with sound expertise in using tools and technologies.
- Work closely with HMI user interface designers for in-cabin operator displays.
- Detail electrical and logical schematics, detail models and drawings for wiring harnesses.
- Create and test prototype systems, troubleshoot issues from manufacturing and assembly.
- Integrate sensors and transducers into new and existing machines.
Skills and Experience:
- Degree in Electronic Engineering, Mechatronics, Computer Science or similar.
- Proven skills in control system design methods and PLC programming.
- Experience programming and debugging CAN, J1939 and Ethernet communications.
- General knowledge of electronic circuit principles, transducers and signal conditioning methods.
- Prior experience with code revision and software development life cycles.
- Hands-on, creative, self-motivated, designer willing to take on diverse and challenging tasks.
- General proficiency with mathematical tools such as MATLAB, Octave, etc.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a small team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
What We Can Offer You:
- Progressive health and safety program
- Interesting and challenging work and projects
- Opportunity to see and be involved with our products from start to finish
- Competitive Wages and Profit Sharing
- RRSP Matching Program
- Skills development and training reimbursement
- Family oriented (BBQ’s, picnics as well as social and sporting events)
- Company paid healthcare benefits and Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP)
Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
We thank you for your application!
Tigercat Industries strives to create a respectful, accessible, and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview, or selection processes, please contact Human Resources for assistance.
- Job Family Engineering
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Regular
- 200 Avenue Road, Cambridge, Ontario, Canada