Lean Systems Coordinator
Interested in joining the dynamic Tigercat Team? Learn more about our role below!
Tigercat Industries is a proud, privately owned Canadian company since 1992. We specialize in the design and manufacture of premium quality forestry and off-road industrial equipment. Our valued employees are the roots of our success! We have multiple locations in Southwestern Ontario, and approximately 2000+ employees.
Having training and experience are key, but at Tigercat Industries, we believe that it’s what you DO with what you have that counts. Our people are empowered to put their training, experience, and expertise into action.
- Support and initiate Lean Practices in 5S, Kaizen and continuous improvements, value stream mapping and visual controls
- Develop and delivery training to staff on lean manufacturing
- Coordinate manufacturing, engineering, and sales activities in accordance with the manufacturing plans so that production schedules can be attained
- Develop manufacturing and processing procedures including detailed instructions, drawings, bill of materials, and inspection requirements for each project or work order
- Solicit and analyze feedback from shop employees and sales to evaluate results
- Apply statistical methods for improving utilization of personnel, materials, and utilities
- Support Quality Department and assist with quality initiatives
- Work closely with other Value Stream Leaders to ensure shared resource requirements satisfy line schedules
- Monitor daily schedule adjustments and develop / maintain systems to manage change
- Schedule, expedite and coordinate the delivery and movement of critical material, including material transfers and inventory control
- Prepare work and production schedules, monitoring the progress of production projects
- Revise and update production documents, procedures, and drawings
- Play an active role in day-to-day operations to assist production team members with any issues or improvements
- Coordinate meetings and or presentations with Production Staff, Engineering, Sales, and Management as required
Skills and Experience:
- Extensive training and experience in lean manufacturing
- Graduate of Mechanical Technician / Technologist Program or Material / Operations Management or Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent
- Project Management Courses considered an asset
- Comprehensive understanding of engineering drawings, schematics, and specifications as well as geometric tolerances and dimensions
- Accurate and efficient problem solving and time management skills
- Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in Solid Works, proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience with designing jigs and fixtures would be an asset
- Working knowledge of ERP / MRP systems
What We Can Offer You:
- Progressive health and safety program
- Interesting and challenging work and projects
- Opportunity to see and be involved with our products from start to finish
- Competitive Wages and Profit Sharing
- RRSP Matching Program
- Skills development and training reimbursement
- Family oriented (BBQ’s, picnics as well as social and sporting events)
- Company paid healthcare benefits and Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP)
Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
We thank you for your application!
Tigercat Industries strives to create a respectful, accessible, and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview, or selection processes, please contact Human Resources for assistance.
- Job Family General Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Tuesday, July 12, 2022
- 1556 Industrial Road, Cambridge, Ontario, Canada