Software Tools & Q/A Developer
We are Seeking a software developer to focus on developing Windows tools and applications for engineering purposes, and automated tests for embedded systems, HMI displays and machine control systems. The individual will work with software developers, control engineers, manufacturing and service experts to design new hardware-in-the-middle test rigs and associated automated tests. The successful candidate will have experience with Windows desktop application development, testing frameworks and tools, software engineering cycles, electronic debugging and good engineering practices. It is essential for the individual to work in a collaborative team environment where ideas are welcomed and openly discussed. Passionate and creative individuals who various software and hardware technologies and challenges are an ideal fit.
Day shift: 5 x shifts; Monday to Friday
Interested in joining the dynamic Tigercat Team? Learn more about our role below!
Tigercat Industries is a proud, privately owned Canadian company since 1992. We specialize in the design and manufacture of premium quality forestry and off-road industrial equipment. Our valued employees are the roots of our success! We have multiple locations in Southwestern Ontario, and approximately 2000+ employees.
Having training and experience are key, but at Tigercat Industries, we believe that it’s what you DO with what you have that counts. Our people are empowered to put their training, experience, and expertise into action.
View our product line-up here and check out our machines in action on Tigercat TV!
Responsibilities may include:
- Develop Windows based tools and applications used by engineers for analysis, configuration, testing and deployment of successful off-road forestry machine control systems.
- Formulation and implementation of software testing strategies for embedded systems, HMI displays and machine control systems.
- Preparation and review of test plans.
- Develop automated regression tests based on product specifications.
- Perform manual testing as necessary to complement automated tests.
- Report bugs and errors to engineering team.
- Track and report testing activities such as test results, test case coverage, defects discovered and their status, performance baselines, etc.
- Ensure that testing activities will allow customer facing applications and electronics to meet a high level of reliability and functional safety targets.
- Evaluate, plan, design, develop and deploy testing techniques for new applications and enhancements to existing machine on-board software components.
Skills and Experience:
- Skilled at programming in C/C++, C# and Python.
- Prior experience with Windows desktop application development.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git and Subversion.
- Must have work experience as a software quality assurance analytics or developer.
- Formal experience with Q/A methodologies.
- Experience with formal testing methods and tools for embedded systems.
- Basic knowledge of UI testing methodologies.
- Previous experience with testing electronics through automated systems is highly valued.
- Resourceful at solving problems and willing to learn new technologies and skills when needed.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a small team environment.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and customer-focused mindset.
What We Can Offer You:
- Progressive health and safety program
- Interesting and challenging work and projects
- Opportunity to see and be involved with our products from start to finish
- Competitive Wages and Profit Sharing
- RRSP Matching Program
- Skills development and training reimbursement
- Family oriented (BBQ’s, picnics as well as social and sporting events)
- Company paid healthcare benefits and Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP)
Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
We thank you for your application!
Tigercat Industries strives to create a respectful, accessible, and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview, or selection processes, please contact Human Resources for assistance.
- Job Family Engineering
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Tuesday, June 21, 2022
- 200 Avenue Road, Cambridge, Ontario, Canada