Product Support Representative, Harvesting Heads – Canada and U.S.A.
Tigercat is looking for a highly motivated, driven, and organized Product Support Representative for Harvesting Heads, primarily covering USA and Canada.
The successful candidate will be required to travel extensively to train equipment operators, support new machines deliveries, troubleshoot, and resolve issues with dealer technicians to minimize downtime of equipment. Close communication with dealers, service managers, the service team, internal management, and engineering will be required daily. Conduct root cause analysis of failures for continuing improvement and prioritization of issues.
Tigercat Industries Inc. is a privately owned, customer driven company engaged in the design, manufacture, sales and service support of a wide range of premium quality, heavy duty, off-road, mechanized vehicles and attachments used in the tree harvesting and off-road industrial applications.
We are a growing company employing over 2000 employees. With headquarters in Brantford, Ontario, Tigercat operates from nine southern Ontario locations. These facilities house the design and production teams for all Tigercat products as well as steel fabrication, administration, customer service and parts distribution. Serving the southern US, a large parts distribution and training is located in Ailey, Georgia. Tigercat also operates a sales, service and parts distribution facility in Hede, Sweden. We have established a network of dealers throughout North & South America as well as in Australia, Europe, New Zealand, Russia, and South Africa.
Tigercat timber harvesting systems achieve lowest production cost per by optimizing efficiency, productivity, operator ergonomics, environmental impact, machine availability and useful lifespan. The Tigercat forestry line includes both tree-length and cut-to-length (CTL) systems. Tigercat offers a range of feller bunchers, skidders, loaders, loggers, harvesters, forwarders and felling and processing attachments. The off-road industrial product line includes land clearing and site preparation equipment as well as other specialized severe duty carriers used in a variety of niche applications and industries including utilities, oil and gas and silviculture.
To learn more about our company, visit our website at www.tigercat.com
- Support new machines deliveries, harvesting heads installations, and equipment demonstrations
- Deliver training to operators and dealer technicians for new harvesting heads
- Assist dealers with troubleshooting technical issues
- Implement root cause failure analysis and effective corrective action
- Work with the service department and engineering to improve the quality of Tigercat products
- Solicit and analyze feedback from operators, customers, and dealers and evaluate results to identify trends and opportunities for improvement
- Prepare technical reports and document oral and written communications
- Participate in regional and national trade-shows
Education and Qualifications:
- Comprehensive understanding of Hydraulic, Electrical, Electronic, and Mechanical systems, and ability to troubleshoot and problem solve effectively
- Comprehensive knowledge of harvesting head control systems, such as Dasa, TimberRite, LogMate, Opti
- A minimum of 2 years experience working on logging sites with forestry equipment operators
- Post-Secondary diploma/degree or equivalent education and experience
- Comprehensive understanding of drawings and specifications, geometric tolerances, and dimensions
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Valid Passport and ability to travel extensively – Primarily USA/Canada, occasionally worldwide, and on short notice
- Computer skills in Microsoft programs
- Demonstrated ability to use initiative, work efficiently and independently
- Strong organizational skills, planning, and time management skills
- Must be adaptable to a changing work environment and able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
Maintain communication with:
- Service Manager and Regional Service Managers
- Service Director
- Engineering Product Groups
- Tigercat Service and Sales Personnel
- Dealer Service & Sales Personnel
What We Can Offer You:
- Progressive health and safety program
- Interesting and challenging work and projects
- Opportunity to see and be involved with our products from start to finish
- Competitive Wages and Profit Sharing
- RRSP Matching Program
- Skills development and training reimbursement
- Family oriented (BBQ’s, picnics as well as social and sporting events)
- Company paid healthcare benefits and Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP)
Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
We thank you for your application!
Tigercat Industries strives to create a respectful, accessible, and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview, or selection processes, please contact Human Resources for assistance.
- Job Family Off Site
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Travel % 60
- Job Start Date Tuesday, May 24, 2022
- Alberta, Canada