General Labourer | Afternoon Shift
As a General Labourer, you will be responsible for removing excess metal and unwanted materials from metal parts, castings and other metal products for paint / blast preparation. You will be cleaning metal and preparing it for painting, working in the breakout department assisting laser and brake press operators, removing scrap, moving metal parts, learning from those operators so you may have an opportunity to grow into a role such a Brake Press or Laser Operator. This job allows you to learn new and innovative techniques, gives you a chance to prove yourself and show that you are eager to learn and want to grow into other more advanced positions.
Interested in joining the dynamic Tigercat Team? Learn more about our role below!
Tigercat Industries is a proud, privately owned Canadian company since 1992. We specialize in the design and manufacture of premium quality forestry and off-road industrial equipment. Our valued employees are the roots of our success! We have multiple locations in Southwestern Ontario, and approximately 2000+ employees.
Having training and experience are key, but at Tigercat Industries, we believe that it’s what you DO with what you have that counts. Our people are empowered to put their training, experience, and expertise into action.
Responsibilities may include:
- Using hand and air tools to install covers
- Lifting paint covers on and off frames
- Scrub parts down by hand with rags
- Chip weld spatter with scraper and hammer
- Clean, sand and prepare parts for painting
- Clean paint prep and paint booth area
- Load and unload vehicles using hand truck or dolly
- Transport raw materials and finished metal products manually or by hoists (chains can weigh approx. 40lbs.)
- Physically sort and load sheet metal parts by hand onto racks, on/off skids and onto cleaning table
Skills & Experience:
- Take pride in your work and recognize that your effort makes a real difference
- Enjoy learning new things, work well on your own and contribute to a team environment
- Keen attention to detail, an outstanding work ethic and the ability to multi-task
- Heavy lifting may be required (up to 50lbs), gripping, pinching, twisting
- Physical job, required to be on your feet all day
- Able to work quickly with minimal supervision
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Willingness to learn other jobs and potentially advance to other positions
What We Can Offer You:
- Progressive health and safety program
- Interesting and challenging work and projects
- Opportunity to see and be involved with our products from start to finish
- Competitive Wages and Profit Sharing
- RRSP Matching Program
- Skills development and training reimbursement
- Family oriented (BBQ’s, picnics as well as social and sporting events)
- Company paid healthcare benefits and Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP)
Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
We thank you for your application!
Tigercat Industries strives to create a respectful, accessible, and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview, or selection processes, please contact Human Resources for assistance.
- Job Family Production
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Regular
- Job Start Date Monday, July 25, 2022
- 100 Savage Drive, Cambridge, Ontario, Canada