Grit Blaster | Weekend Days
Interested in joining the dynamic Tigercat Team? Learn more about our role below!
Tigercat Industries is a proud, privately owned Canadian company since 1992. We specialize in the design and manufacture of premium quality forestry and off-road industrial equipment. Our valued employees are the roots of our success! We have multiple locations in Southwestern Ontario, and approximately 2000+ employees.
Having training and experience are key, but at Tigercat Industries, we believe that it’s what you DO with what you have that counts. Our people are empowered to put their training, experience, and expertise into action.
Weekend Day Shift - Fri - Sun - 6am - 6pm; $3.00/hour Shift Premium Applies
As a Blaster you will be responsible for removing excess metal and unwanted materials from metal parts, castings and other metal products, preparing them for paint using an abrasive blasting process. This procedure is an integral part of the finishing process for our equipment.
Responsibilities may include:
- Read and interpret work orders, identify parts for blasting and organize by work priority
- Review parts for quality accuracy to ensure quality
- Ensure proper time management to complete tasks on time
- Operate metal cleaning equipment (grit blaster) to remove excess welds, scale and other material from surfaces of metal parts
- Assist structural steel fitters and metalworking machine operators
- Transport raw materials and finished products manually or using hoists or other devices
- Sort metal sheets and parts, scrap metal and other materials
- Clean work areas and equipment
Skills & Experience:
- Ability to make sound decisions
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Highly organized
- Positive attitude
- Previous industry and product knowledge
- Ability to work in a professional manner, especially when dealing with co-workers
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
What We Can Offer You:
- Progressive health and safety program
- Interesting and challenging work and projects
- Opportunity to see and be involved with our products from start to finish
- Competitive Wages and Profit Sharing
- RRSP Matching Program
- Skills development and training reimbursement
- Family oriented (BBQ’s, picnics as well as social and sporting events)
- Company paid healthcare benefits and Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP)
Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
We thank you for your application!
Tigercat Industries strives to create a respectful, accessible, and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview, or selection processes, please contact Human Resources for assistance.
- Job Family Production
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Regular
- Job Start Date Monday, July 4, 2022
- 100 Savage Drive, Cambridge, Ontario, Canada