Communications Intern - (Content Creator) - Temporary part-time
Are you a marketing, communications, or design student? Are you passionate about producing engaging social content meant to inform community members about important health related topics?
We are looking for a curious, energetic, and well-organized student to join our communications team as a summer intern. Reporting to the Manager of Communications, the successful candidate will work in partnership with your communications colleagues and our public health professionals to plan and development engaging, high energy content designed to resonate with the residents of Oxford County, Elgin County, and the City of St. Thomas.
Responsibilities will include:
- Filming and editing short-form videos for Southwestern Public Health’s social channels
- Pitching ideas that are aligned with our values and brand guidelines, and that will ultimately increase following and boost engagement
- Monitoring community feedback and performance metrics to ensure our content grows and evolves with our community and the channels we're posting on
- Staying on top of trending topics, pop culture moments, and video concepts and share these with your communications colleagues.
- Editing and repurposing existing and incoming content for social channels
- Currently working on a degree or a diploma in communications, marketing, or graphic design.
- A portfolio of social media work, examples from non-profit or health care sector an asset (please include links to your work in your application)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Photography and video skills to support multimedia projects, publications, social media and websites
- Ability to work with high accuracy and detail
- Proven ability to be a team player
- A criminal reference check completed within the last six (6) months from a Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC), inclusive of vulnerable sector screening, will be required of the successful candidate.
- Valid Ontario driver’s license and reliable access to an insured working vehicle. You will be required to travel across the region served Southwestern Public Health.
Immunization Requirements: Provide documentation you have received two (2) doses of the Covid-19 vaccine, plus at least one booster dose, and acknowledgement to follow Southwestern Public Health's policies and processes related to COVID-19 management in the workplace.
Southwestern Public Health strives to meet the standards set out in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) Customer Service Regulation, and will support candidates to modify our recruitment and selection process, should there be a need to modify or remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should a candidate be contacted and require accommodation at any point throughout the recruitment and selection processes, please notify the Human Resources representative who has contacted you.
- Pay Type Hourly
- St Thomas, ON, Canada
- Woodstock, ON, Canada