Compression & Controls - Journeyman Mechanics/Millwrights and Apprentices - Rocky Mountain House
We are currently seeking:
Compression & Controls
Rocky Mountain House Region
Surepoint is currently hiring for Journeyman and Apprentice Mechanic/Millwright roles based out our Rocky Mountain House location. Contractors welcome to apply!!
The ideal candidate is:
- Experienced in the overhaul, maintenance and repair of Waukesha engines as well as Ariel, Dresser Rand and Gemini compressors.
- Proficient in trouble shooting ignition panels and instrument panels.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in package start-up and commissioning.
- Preferred to have combined screw and reciprocating compression experience.
- A detailed record keeper and able to present detailed daily time sheets to customers.
- Able to recognize opportunities to improve service and manufacturing sales.
- A high achiever/ skilled tradesman, dedicated to performing quality work in a timely manner.
- Someone who places high priority on safety of oneself and others and abide by the company’s safety policies and procedures.
- Able to train and mentor junior employees in standard safe work practices and procedures.
- Certified Journeyman or registered apprentice.
- Prior certified engine or compressor training would be an asset.
- Ability to work in remote locations and be away from home for short periods of time and stay in hotels or camps.
- Valid Class 5 Driver's License and clean Driver's Abstract
- Ability to work well in a team environment and mentor team members.
- Well organized with the ability to multitask and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrate strong professionalism.
- Demonstrated maturity with the ability to self-manage and work independently.
- Strong work ethic and a positive and team-based attitude with the ability to adapt to change.
At the core of Surepoint is a solid formation of values that we all adhere to. Nurturing our culture and staying committed to these values is ingrained into our behaviour every day and the foundation of everything we do:
Committed to the Team
Surepoint strives to be the employer of choice and offers the following:
A Caring and Respectful Work Environment
Outstanding Safety Program
Comprehensive Group Benefit Program
Group RRSP Program
If all of this describes you, we look forward to meeting you!
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Tuesday, July 19, 2022
- Red Deer, AB, Canada
- Rocky Mountain House, AB, Canada