Journeyman Mechanic & Apprentice Mechanic
We are currently seeking:
Compression & Controls
Fort St. John, BC
Surepoint is currently hiring for the Journeyman Mechanic (contractors welcome to apply) and Apprentice Mechanic roles based out of Fort St. John.
Duties & Responsibilities: will include but not limited to:
- Experienced in the overhaul, maintenance and repair of Waukesha and Caterpillar engines as well as Ariel, Dresser Rand and Gemini compressors.
- Experienced in trouble shooting ignition panels and instrument panels.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in package start-up and commissioning.
- Combined Screw and Reciprocating compression experience would be an asset.
- Provide detailed record keeping and present detailed daily time sheets to customers.
- Recognize opportunities to improve service and manufacturing sales.
- Communicate daily with Branch Coordinator and Operations Manager.
- High achiever/ skilled tradesman, dedicated to performing quality work in a timely manner.
- Place high priority on safety of oneself and others and abide by the company’s safety policies and procedures.
- Able to train and mentor junior employees in standard safe work practices and procedures.
- Can lead individuals and teams in Job Hazard Assessments and Risk Analysis.
Education, Skills, and Requirements:
- Certified Journeyman or registered apprentice.
- Prior certified engine or compressor training would be an asset.
- Ability to work in remote locations and be away from home for short periods of time and stay in hotels or camps.
- Possess good driving habits and a clean Drivers Abstract.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and mentor junior workers.
- Well organized with the ability to multitask and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Able to provide solid work references.
- Valid Class 5 Driver's License and clean Driver's Abstract
- A pre-employment drug and alcohol exam before employment, which Surepoint will provide
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrate strong professionalism.
- Strong attention to detail with exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, negotiating and sound decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated maturity with the ability to self-manage and work independently.
- Strong work ethic and a positive and team-based attitude with the ability to adapt to change.
At the core of Surepoint is a solid formation of values that we all adhere to. Nurturing our culture and staying committed to these values is ingrained into our behaviour every day and the foundation of everything we do:
Committed to the Team
Surepoint strives to be the employer of choice and offers the following:
A Caring and Respectful Work Environment
Outstanding Safety Program
Comprehensive Group Benefit Program
Group RRSP Program
If all of this describes you, we look forward to meeting you!
- Pay Type Hourly
- Surepoint - Fort St. John, 8910 - 101 Street, Fort St. John, British Columbia, Canada