Winter 2022-2023 - Retail Key Leader
We work and play in Canada’s most beautiful playground, Banff National Park, and you can too. Sunshine Village is the premier ski resort in Western Canada. If you want to be part of making our guests’ ski experience unforgettable and think a winter season skiing and riding on the best powder in the Rockies would be great too, then read on...
What's in it for you?
• A ridiculously cool life experience
• Free ski pass for Sunshine Village and super deals at other resorts
• A plethora of lively staff events all season long
• Marvelous discounts on ski gear, food & drinks and transportation.
This role is an integral part of the team, being a Key/SNOW Leader, ensuring an exceptional level of leadership on the retail floor. The SNOW lead partners closely with the Assistant Retail Director, Supervisor and Visual Merchandiser. They are the go-to person for employees and guests to understand the benefits of SNOW. This role not only sells but is also passionate to create excitement for guests and driving engagement in employees. They are responsible for opening and closing one or two of 4 on hill stores at the resort. They will assist the Assistant Retail Director by taking the lead over all aspects of store standards amongst other associates. Our Key/SNOW Leader emanates the mountain culture, is passionate about snow sports, and is committed to creating amazing experiences for those around them.
- Present on the retail floor always encouraging and energizing staff
- Passionately leads and educates on our product, community, and culture on the retail floor
- Takes a stand as an advocate for Banff Sunshine Village’ values and guest experience
- Ensure brand image is consistent in store location
- Maintaining store standards: merchandising, restocking, completing any delegated tasks prior to ending their shift
- Responsible for opening and closing Sunshine Mountain Sport locations; including cash deposits
- This position will be participating in the physical counting process to standard and make sure all inventory is counted and counted properly. This happens twice a season.
- Minimum one year’s work experience in retail / sales management, or an equivalent management role
- Have a passion for skiing and or snowboarding
- A positive attitude and self esteem
- A willingness to learn, and adapt to changing situations
- This position includes a multi-area ski pass to Sunshine Village & other resorts, a staff event calendar for experiencing the Rockies, and subsidized transportation from Banff and Canmore to Sunshine.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Monday, October 3, 2022
- Banff, AB, Canada