Winter 2022-2023 - Security Personnel
We work and play in Canada’s most beautiful playground, Banff National Park, and you can too. Sunshine Village is the premier ski resort in Western Canada. If you want to be part of making our guests’ ski experience unforgettable and think a winter season skiing and riding on the best powder in the Rockies would be great too, then read on...
What’s in it for you?
• A ridiculously cool life experience
• Free ski pass for Sunshine Village and super deals at other resorts
• A plethora of lively staff events all season long
• Marvelous discounts on ski gear, food & drinks and transportation.
What can you expect working as Security Personnel?
Security provides protection and surveillance to Sunshine Village guests, staff and property. The role is complex but has a basic common responsibility to observe, record and report findings that are outside normal situations. The normal situations may include interactions with guests and staff, contractors, and visitors to Banff National Park- where Sunshine operates its business. As well, there are other situations where attention to detail and reporting requirements are increased, i.e. when dealing in issues involving the National Fire Code, the Criminal Code of Canada, and the Trespassers Act.
The main responsibilities include:
- Providing outstanding experiential guest service
- Enforcing Sunshine Villages regulations
- Providing safekeeping to guests and staff at any location within the Sunshine Village leasehold
- Co-ordinating emergency response during night time emergencies
- Responding to alarms and react appropriately with correct type and level of response
- Completing checks of the physical structures on the leasehold
- Observing, recording and reporting findings that are within the scope of Sunshine Policies and Procedures, Banff National Park and other more stringent regulations
- Generating formal reports to document findings in a timely manner
Must have completed Alberta Basic Security Training
- Passion for providing excellent experiential guest service
- Physically fit, reliable to work full time as part of a regular schedule
- Strong interest in emergency response operations, including a valid First-Aid certification
- A desire to be part of a team that provides emergency response to the Sunshine Village community
- Excellent judgment, and communication skill suitable to deescalate potentially serious situations
- Willingness to work a variety of shifts (including evening shifts and on call) and willingness to stay overnight in duty room accommodation
- Practicable experience in report writing and computer knowledge
- Possess integrity and have good attention to detail in all aspects of the role
- Attend and complete specific training programs, i.e. ProServe, ProTect, and Alberta Basic Security Training
- Must be 21 years of age or older with clean driving record- provide abstract for insurance purposes
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- Banff, AB, Canada