Sheridan Nurseries Norval Farm is actively searching for an:
Permanent, Full Time
About the Job:
The Inventory Specialist is responsible for production planning and maintaining an accurate inventory for the Norval farm location. Reporting to the Farm Manager, the Inventory Specialist also works with the potting, growing and sales teams to understand and direct the flow of plants and match inventory to specific sales programs. This position will require your time to be split evenly between working in the office and outside on the farm.
- Analyze and maintain spreadsheet/database for production planning, processing incoming plants.
- Maintaining accurate inventory through regular counts and assessment of crop ready dates
- Assisting the Farm Manager with planning, analysis, and updates so the sales team is kept up to date with any changes
- Taking pictures and sending other crop information needed to support the sales team
- Support purchaser to coordinate internally produced plants with production plan
- Schedule incoming liners for potting from internal and external suppliers. Verify counts and input potting records
- Work with the section growers to anticipate and confirm any major changes to crop quantities or ready dates
- Assisting the Growers and Farm Manager to track new test and trial plants
- Continue to actively learn analysis, ERP (Enterprise resource planning software) and inventory techniques, while sharing with fellow growing staff at Sheridan Nurseries
- Communicate any problems or obstacles to direct report.
- Assist with receiving and other duties and projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong analysis skills with an eye for detail.
- High standard of professionalism with excellent communication, and organizational skills.
- Proficient (intermediate level or above) in the MS Office Suite programs, including Excel, Access and Word.
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience in analyzing data and/or in horticulture/agriculture fields. Plant identification skills are an asset.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, handling multiple demands, setting priorities, making decisions and exercising best judgment.
- Resourceful and self-directed with the ability to work collaboratively with others to achieve goals.
- Ability to adapt and prioritize multiple tasks and situations with effective time management skills.
- You are punctual and dependable, and highly value honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Valid class G Ontario driver’s license.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts including day, evening, and weekends.
- This position requires extended periods of sitting, walking, and standing, as well as the ability to lift 50lbs and work in various weather conditions and environments.
- Please be advised that being fully vaccinated for Covid-19 is a condition of employment (subject to any accommodation required under the Ontario
Our Vision, Mission, & Values:
At Sheridan Nurseries we aim to delight our associates, guests, and business partners in everything we do. Independently owned and operated for over 100 years, we are committed to growing the highest quality plants at our local farms, curating the best-in-class home, garden, and lifestyle products and services, delivering unrivaled guest service and satisfaction, and providing meaningful and rewarding careers to our employees. We always strive to inspire and share our knowledge, passion, and expertise to build confidence, loyalty, and trust, while protecting our planet with industry leading environmentally sustainable initiatives and giving back to our local communities and charities.
Our vision is “To inspire people to never stop growing”.
At Sheridan we seek people who will continually strengthen our culture. We work hard to ensure our culture is something we feel proud of and allows us to bring our best selves to work every day. And a great culture starts with values. We have clearly defined values which are embedded in everything that we do so that they are lived and breathed daily.
If you share our values of:
- Doing What’s Right
- Being Performance Driven
- Learning and Growing Together
- Being Externally Focused
- Having Bias for Action
Then this is the position is for you!
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If selected, please advise if you require special accommodation to attend the interview.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 9674 Winston Churchill Blvd, Norval, ON L0P 1K0, Canada