Sheridan Nurseries Glen Williams Farm is actively searching for a:
Permanent, Full Time
About the Job:
Reporting to the Farm Manager, the Analyst/Purchaser will be responsible for production planning, purchasing and maintaining accurate potting and inventory records within your section of the Sheridan farm. This role includes counting in the field and assisting other crews to prepare and prune the plants.
- Analyze and maintain spreadsheet/database for production planning, processing incoming plants
- Coordinate incoming plants to check for quality and prepare for potting/planting
- Assisting the Head grower/Inventory Control with planning, analysis, and updates so the sales team is kept up to date with any changes
- Coordinate internally produced plants with our other farms and the production plan
- Schedule incoming liners for potting from internal and external suppliers. Verify counts and input potting records
- Assisting the Head grower/Inventory Control to track new test and trial plants
- Continue to actively learn analysis, ERP (Enterprise resource planning software) and inventory techniques, while sharing with fellow growing staff at Sheridan Nurseries
- Communicate any problems or obstacles to direct report.
- Assist with receiving and other duties and projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong analysis skills with an eye for detail.
- High standard of professionalism with excellent communication, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, handling multiple demands, setting priorities, making decisions and exercising best judgment.
- Resourceful and self-directed with the ability to work collaboratively with others to achieve goals.
- Ability to adapt and prioritize multiple tasks and situations with effective time management skills.
- Proficient in the MS Office Suite programs, including Excel, Access and Word.
- You are punctual and dependable, and highly value honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience in analyzing data or horticulture/agriculture.
- Valid class G Ontario drivers license.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
- This job requires extended periods of walking and standing, as well as the ability to lift 50lbs and work in various weather conditions and environments.
- Please be advised that being fully vaccinated for Covid-19 is a condition of employment (subject to any accommodation required under the Ontario
Our Vision, Mission, & Values:
At Sheridan Nurseries we aim to delight our associates, guests, and business partners in everything we do. Independently owned and operated for over 100 years, we are committed to growing the highest quality plants at our local farms, curating the best-in-class home, garden, and lifestyle products and services, delivering unrivaled guest service and satisfaction, and providing meaningful and rewarding careers to our employees. We always strive to inspire and share our knowledge, passion, and expertise to build confidence, loyalty, and trust, while protecting our planet with industry leading environmentally sustainable initiatives and giving back to our local communities and charities.
Our vision is “To inspire people to never stop growing”.
At Sheridan we seek people who will continually strengthen our culture. We work hard to ensure our culture is something we feel proud of and allows us to bring our best selves to work every day. And a great culture starts with values. We have clearly defined values which are embedded in everything that we do so that they are lived and breathed daily.
If you share our values of:
1. Doing What’s Right
2. Being Performance Driven
3. Learning and Growing Together
4. Being Externally Focused
5. Having Bias for Action
Then this is the position is for you!
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If selected, please advise if you require special accommodation to attend the interview.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Georgetown - 12266 10th Line, 12266 10th Line, Georgetown, Ontario, Canada