Sheridan Nurseries is actively searching for a:
Permanent, Full Time
Based out of our facility in Georgetown, Ontario, the Distribution Manager is responsible for the overseeing the day-to-day operations of all distribution and assembly activities throughout all Sheridan farm locations. Reporting to the Vice President, Nursery Operations, the Distribution Manager is also accountable for the presentation and upkeep of the facilities and equipment as well as the performance of the staff.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of all distribution and assembly activities throughout all Sheridan farm locations with budgeted guidelines while providing optimal service to all guests through solid collaboration and coordination with Sales, Purchasing, and Growing departments.
- Supervise quality control activities such as assembly, loading and delivery to ensure best practices in each process.
- Work in liaison with sales department to ensure our guest receive the best shipping service.
- Establish the annual operating budget in conjunction with Senior Management. Make key recommendations with respect to capital expenditures, including sourcing and budgeting of projects.
- Develop and implement new methods and procedures to improve processes and reduce costs.
- Participate in Management meetings and complete all necessary reports.
- Analyze metrics and create reports to assure department is functioning at a high level.
- Negotiate with external vendors to manage regular equipment and facilities maintenance and rental costs.
- Assign responsibilities daily for members of the distribution and assembly teams.
- Oversee hiring of supervisory, clerical, and general labour staffing within the Distribution department.
- Prioritize health and safety, contributing to a healthy and safety-conscious work environment while ensuring compliance with all government regulations and company policies.
- Purchase shipping supplies and ensure materials, equipment, and safety supplies including PPE are regularly available.
- Coordinate the in-bound freight and schedule of the resale product.
- Perform inventory controls of resale stock to ensure proper sales allocation.
- Create schedules for employees to ensure optimum staffing levels and assist with the hiring and training process.
- Promote a healthy and safe working environment.
- Communicate any problems or obstacles to direct report.
- Assist with other duties and projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong leader that drives results, develops talent, motivates employees, and ensures accountability while aiming to exceed expectations.
- Big picture thinker with an eye for details.
- High standard of professionalism with excellent communication, time management, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, handling multiple demands, setting priorities, making decisions, and exercising best judgment.
- Resourceful and self-directed with the ability to build strong partnerships and work collaboratively with others to achieve goals.
- Ability to adapt and prioritize multiple tasks and situations with effective time management skills.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office Suite programs, including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- You are punctual and dependable, and highly value honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Previous supervisory or management experience in distribution, shipping, receiving, and/or logistics an asset.
- Minimum 3-5 years of horticulture experience preferred but not required.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
- This position requires extended periods of walking and standing, as well as the ability to lift 50lbs and work in various weather conditions and environments.
- Ability to work a variety of shifts as seasonal peaks require, including day, evening, weekends, and holidays.
- Please be advised that being vaccinated against Covid-19 is a condition for employment (subject to any accommodations required under the Ontario Human Rights Code).
Our Vision, Mission, & Values
At Sheridan Nurseries we aim to delight our associates, guests, and business partners in everything we do. Independently owned and operated for over 100 years, we are committed to growing the highest quality plants at our local farms, curating the best-in-class home, garden, and lifestyle products and services, delivering unrivaled guest service and satisfaction, and providing meaningful and rewarding careers to our employees. We always strive to inspire and share our knowledge, passion, and expertise to build confidence, loyalty, and trust, while protecting our planet with industry leading environmentally sustainable initiatives and giving back to our local communities and charities.
Our vision is “To inspire people to never stop growing”.
At Sheridan we seek people who will continually strengthen our culture. We work hard to ensure our culture is something we feel proud of and allows us to bring our best to work every day. And a great culture starts with values. We have clearly defined values which are embedded in everything that we do.
If you share our values of:
- Doing What’s Right
- Being Performance Driven
- Learning and Growing Together
- Being Externally Focused
- Having Bias for Action
Then this position is for you!
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If selected, please advise if you require special accommodation to attend the interview.
- Pay Type Salary
- Georgetown - 12266 10th Line, 12266 10th Line, Georgetown, Ontario, Canada